ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have recently made the wise decision to purchase a 2009 WRX sedan 265 :woocow:

I love the car and will have photos up shortly.

I need some advice....Its bone stock and I would love to mod it up a bit. Im already thinking a short throw and some kind of exhaust kit (I love the stage 2 Cobb ive seen on YouTube, but its a bit pricey right now).

Any suggestions as to what i should start with? Im on somewhat a budget but over time will be able to put some decent money into the beast.

THANKS for all your help!!!
:drive2::wiggles::drive2:

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,212 Posts
Welcome. Go to a local meet and listen in person to get the best idea of what you like.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Vancouver, BC. I guess i can check the forums for meet up times in my area. Thanks for your help. Any more suggestions?

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Yes, the COBB is a bit pricey compared to others. However, the quality is just amazing. If fit perfect with no need for modification - some folks on here have bought DPs from other vendors and find that the DP doesn't exactly make it all the way to the midpipe - or is too long so they have to cut it.

For my 07, I bought the COBB DP and AP - all together was $1200. I didn't think that was too bad at all given how much performance it gave me. I saved by not buying the catback - which was fine with me since it doesn't gain you anything. Also, the resale on COBB was very high - I was able to get $1000 of the $1200 back when I returned the car to stock and sold the parts on craigslist.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts