Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys ive had my 03 bugeye for about 2 months now i love it. It has a Jdm Ej205 vf34 turbo catless everything, invidia down, magnaflow cat back. I live in southern part of missouri Springfield area. Im new to turbo i was wondering what everyone runs for boost numbers. Im currently at 12 and was wondering what my peak should be i have yet to have it tuned since ive owned it so im not sure her capabilities. I plan on getting a cobb then having it tuned. But anyway hi lol. Oh i also have the pink sti injectors...

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,620 Posts
Welcome aboard!
If you have pinks and a VF34, someone's already had to do a tune on the at some point, to make it run. Though, it's possible someone used a Cobb AccessPort to dump an "off the shelf" VF34 map in, at some point in the past. (I ran it for a while with my 2002 wagon) Do you know anything about the tuning that's been done to the car, prior to your ownership?

Reactions: Mattdog2020417

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no idea the tune but i see a couple screw holes by the obd2 port like there was a cobb mounted there also the odb2 port was just loosely hanging there like it was plugged into something. The car runs amazing no cel no bogging runs very well. I know what parts are on it but as far as a tune im cluless. The tuners in my area (awd capable) wont tube cobb they want me to get aem. I called around and they give me some shpeel about not being able to access subaru data. Idk... i just need a base to run off of like whats stock boost ranges. The guy i got it from had it set to 9psi when i asked him why he said thats just what he had it set at. No reason. Like im a total new as far as turbo and Subaru but all i do is research on my freetime. So far ive learned a ton from the forums but as far as talking to a human and learning the does and donts i havent found much luck.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,620 Posts
Can the previous owner fill in any of the gaps about the current tune? It could be helpful to you.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No hes an idiot he bought the car rear ended someone repaired the damage and sold it to me. I just wish i could find who built the car pick his brain. I even hit up pfispeed from youtube and he said his awd dyno is not hooked up yet and to buy a cobb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts