Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all.
Just picked up a fairly clean 2014 subaru wrx. Wanted to introduce myself and see what everyone recommends. So first order of business is doing all the maintenance on this 101k mile wrx. Synthetic oil, brake line flush, clutch hydraulic system flush, power steering fluid change. Diff and tranny fluid change. Rotors need to be turned and it has the dreaded clutch pedal squeak. So I ordered master cylinder brace and the bolt kit for the firewall welds. Any other maintenance? Previous owner did say the timing belt was recently done.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru WRX Limited Hatchback 5MT
318 Posts
Congrats on the car! Love SWP and have been liking the Sedans more and more lately. And good on you for focusing on maintenance first, instead of exhaust, Bob, and intake :LOL:

I was going to say timing belt but looks like that's covered. Did the PO provide any receipts of paperwork of it?

I'd definitely do the trans and diff oil. I think the interval is 30k? I went with Mobil Delvac 1 75W-90. Guys run it in Porsches. I've been happy with it so far.

Stick to OEM for Power Steering. It's actually ATF fluid so don't be surprised. I used the "turkey baster" method and it worked well, although a baster wouldn't fit in the reservoir so had to buy a syringe.

ATE Type 200 for brake fluid. Worth the price for the performance benefits I think. This is what I'll be using when I do my brakes soon.

Lastly I'd change the PCV valve and related vacuum hoses. Get a oetiker clamp tool to make your life 100x easier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts