ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up all.

I just bought my first manual car this week, and it happens to be a 2019 STI with 5 miles on it. A dream.

I'm new to this whole scene before this, I had an 03' BMW 325i, so I somewhat know my way around the engine.

What I don't understand is how a turbo works while driving, and how to make proper use of it.

Such as, do I rev to 6k RPM before shifting. When do I downshift? How do I know I'm getting power from my Turbo.

I know the general answer, check your boost gauge. But how do I make the most use of my Turbo utilizing my Boost Gauge?

For instance stock, I hit almost 20psi. Which I read is definitely not what I should be pushing, any advice on what I might be doing wrong to hit that number?

Thanks for the advice Fam!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I can spend all day typing and explaining how to do this. However, I just did a quick search on how to drive a manual or how to drive a stick. There were a ton of videos that might be more helpful.

You definitely chose one of the harder cars to drive while learning. Luckily, the transmission on the STI is strong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can spend all day typing and explaining how to do this. However, I just did a quick search on how to drive a manual or how to drive a stick. There were a ton of videos that might be more helpful.

You definitely chose one of the harder cars to drive while learning. Luckily, the transmission on the STI is strong.
What about the portion on the Turbo? Any insight on that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts