ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I just recently purchased my new 2012 WRX a few days ago, I've been doing some research and , have been looking into buying a few extra things for my new ride. The first thing i think i want to switch out is the stock speakers bc like everyone on this site says, they're not very good. I was wanting to know any good brands or types some of you guys have put in your cars. That will give me a good sound quality. I dont want to replace the head unit bc i like the bluetooth and steering wheel controls. So im guessing an amp would be needed??? Not the best with stereo's can anyone help. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm able to spend 500, I'll probably buy things slowly. Not looking to spend a whole lot if I don't have to

·
Not Asian
1,069 Posts
Your best bet is to get a new HU before speakers. You could get the most expensive speakers in the world, but the HU won't make them sound any better than the ones you currently have.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Your best bet is to get a new HU before speakers. You could get the most expensive speakers in the world, but the HU won't make them sound any better than the ones you currently have.
+1

A better head unit will make your stock speakers sound better, then you can slowly upgrade them as well. Getting nice speakers with a crappy stock head unit will mean your nice speakers are not being used to their potential.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Not Asian
1,069 Posts
Metra Axxess ASWC and to make things simpler you'll want the 20 Pin Harness from SVXdc here... Radio Wiring Adapter (Harness) for Subaru Impreza and Forester.

And for what it's worth, I just installed a Pioneer 4400BH on Friday without any other components and the difference in sound quality is night and day. I'm not even sure I'm going to need to upgrade speakers for a while because I'm pretty satisfied with the dramatic change just from adding the HU.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Who is this guy???
I dunno, but looking at his 6 posts, he's pretty much the embodiment of affirmation.

People that positive make me :confused1

;)

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I dunno, but looking at his 6 posts, he's pretty much the embodiment of affirmation.

People that positive make me :confused1

;)
Seriously...it was pretty funny seeing the reaffirmations he added to some of the threads. I dig it. Wait...

...Synolimit.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Seriously...it was pretty funny seeing the reaffirmations he added to some of the threads. I dig it. Wait...

...Synolimit.
:rotfl:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts