ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up peoples?
Yes as it states I am a true virgin. but unfortunatley my recently purchased WRX was purchased w/ a busted tranny, 2nd gear to be specific.. & YES I am in the market for a good trans and from some of the things i hear of the 02" WRX, is that the drive train isn't the best/strongest...I'm not looking to Super MOD my car by far , just want it to be reliable/dependable for me the wife and kid..
I must say I am a Honda enthusiast/lover @ heart...which is what i've owned and stood by most my life ..currently own a 97 EK hatch built and boosted but untunned, looking to achieve 450-500 hp to the wheel w/ a gt40 blowzilla turbo..
But back on track I've always loved the WRX's appearance and the sound, and have long for one for some time..I have found my deal and now want to explore a lil ...

Date of purchase of the 02" WRX was 1/18/08...last night..lol :thumbup:
Mods purchased with are:
-NEX full coilover suspension

-also came w/ Tein springs also factory springs

-3" down pipe to unversal 3" cat to a Vibrant muffler(looks ricy in my opinion)

-egt in the upstream but no egt gauge,will more then likely replace it w/ a stock o2..any ideas?

-cold air intake which goes into the pass.fender...( is this safe?) will this lean the engine under boost? would i need to install a bypass for h2o?

-all upgrade couplers

- sti shift knob..lol is this a mod...j/k

-indash flip out tv..kind of ragedy (autobahn) and some other brand...also came w/ stock 6 disc.

-viper alarm system

that about wraps it up for my intro...hope to gain plenty of knowledge through this site. ..

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Welcome to the club! :)

Please take some time to explore the "answers..." link in my signature.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the club! :)

Please take some time to explore the "answers..." link in my signature.
wow alot of useful info...will have to grab a bag of popcorn and get to reading til my eye balls dry out.:whoa:

·
Premium Member
14,838 Posts
wow alot of useful info...will have to grab a bag of popcorn and get to reading til my eye balls dry out.:whoa:
yah Search will be your a good friend here.

WELCOME To the CLUB! Congrats on your First Subaru. Hope you enjoy your time here with us, We're Def. a Great bunch of people. You'll find lots of great/Useful information on here too!

Good luck with your Subie.

·
Registered
0 Posts
hey welcome....i jus purchased a 03 on the 17th..lol....i was in the honda game as well....owned a 94 gsr with a ls/vtec swap it was boosted also...this is all new to me haha

·
Banned
0 Posts
We get lots of honda converts in these parts:screwy:

I would look into an upgarded gear set. I have been hearing good things about the legacy gear set. wider and stronger. Have fun with the mods.

A long adthat doesn't involve under body lighting LOL:thumbup:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We get lots of honda converts in these parts:screwy:

I would look into an upgarded gear set. I have been hearing good things about the legacy gear set. wider and stronger. Have fun with the mods.

A long adthat doesn't involve under body lighting LOL:thumbup:
yeah def. looking for something that will be stronger, I have a friend that has a 02" w/ a 04" trans . .he says the gearing is much stronger then the gearing in the 02, he is actually supposed to be selling the trans. to me so he can upgrade to sti...haven't herd anything yet..
fun w/ the MODS? whats up , something i should know..lol
hey welcome....i jus purchased a 03 on the 17th..lol....i was in the honda game as well....owned a 94 gsr with a ls/vtec swap it was boosted also...this is all new to me haha
we're in the same boat my friend...except your WRX is probably up and running strong..lol I'm still trying to find a good deal on a trans..I just hope this car lasts me as long as i take care of it , hope it doesn't break my wallet either...g/l with your new ownership as well..
yah Search will be your a good friend here.

WELCOME To the CLUB! Congrats on your First Subaru. Hope you enjoy your time here with us, We're Def. a Great bunch of people. You'll find lots of great/Useful information on here too!

Good luck with your Subie.
yeah I'm finding that out on the Searching..lol
glad this forum is easy to navigate around..and thanx for Such a WARM WELCOME..

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hello and welcome to the club:thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts