ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking to buying one of these. Need to get rid of my car first. Just figured I would get your guys response on the car it self. So what should I look out for? I heard the tranny has problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Banned
0 Posts
Well... umm... That's a loaded question.

The Impreza is a great car.
The WRX is a better car.
The STi is an even better car.

In general, they're all solid cars. I assume, since you're on clubWRX.net you're interested in getting a WRX or an STi, ie: the turbocharged Impreza. In which case you won't find anyone here not go "yea get one they're awesome!"

And indeed, my friend, they are awesome.

Help us help you. What year are you looking for? Is it going to be a daily driver? Do you want to do auto-cross or hit the drag strips? Do you work on cars and want to modify it yourself, or let a performance shop mod it? Do you want to stay stock? how old are you? where do you live? Do you like bunnies? More importantly, do you like squirrels?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I wasn't more accurate on what I wanted. I'm looking for a WRX or an STI. Sadly it will probably be just a Daily Driver, but I still intend to mod it up a bit. I would like to do all the mods my self. I'm 20 and I live in Michigan, and yes I ****ing love bunnies!

·
Banned
0 Posts
Well... What's your budget? The STi is a great car. Takes extremely well to simple modding. An exhaust + ECU reflash will get really nice gains for the relatively low cost involved.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't really afford that much so I'm gonna have to wait until I find one that's in my range. Maybe 12-14k I know that's low but I have time. Like I said in my first post I'll have to get rid of my car. So I have lots of time to look around to find a good deal. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I didn't live on my own at the age of 20 and pay for school without loans I'd get an STI, but for now I guess I'll have to settle with an WRX which is fine in my book ;) so are the trannys bad in em the 03s?

·
Banned
0 Posts
No. They're fine. If you read things like "the transmission sucks made out of glass breaks every time blah blah blah" don't buy into it.

The fact is the transmission's fine for what it's rated at. But people push the transmission to its limits and then drive like nuts and break it and then say "the tranny sucks".

I've got 60,000 miles on my 2003 WRX, and all but 5000 of it was at 250+ awhp.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow thanks, I was really worried about the tranny messing up on me. I guess It's time to post my car on AUTOTRADER...

·
Banned
0 Posts
Don't drive like an ass and you'll be fine.

Driving like an ass = flooring it to 7000 rpm in 1st or second gear and lifting hard off the throttle

or trying to do burnouts lol. please for the love of sex don't do burnouts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts