Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 100% new to the import side or any car newer than 81. I have tinkered here and there helping friends with drift cars and track cars. But i am used to building old muscle. I personally own a 75 camaro and an 81 camaro with a 383 sbc and 454 bbc respectively. Fun, amazing cars to work on and gorgeous as hell. I picked up my 03 wrx wagon as a daily and fell in love the first week, she has a few mods from the previous owner, greddy bov, strut support bracket, a few suspension upgrades, HKS muffler, has a tune (not sure what tune or who) The compact, AWD, snappy, and tone of the car gets me giddy right where it counts. I am not sure on future plans, but once she is no longer DD im thinkin i may want to track her. As i start to look into things i do start to wonder though, where does one go to find parts for a WRX? I am used to summitracing and jegs for all my needs. Is there any site or mag that is like summit/jegs? Even a few maybe?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,450 Posts
Check out our vendors section we have quite a few companies that supply parts to these cars. You'll be glad to know that the cars do have a collector value and parts are easy to come by.

You'll really enjoy these, some of the packaging in the engine compartment will start to test your patience, but after you get used to it and get the right tools and extensions/swivels it gets way easier. For me the computer controlled cars are far easier to work on and diagnose.

You'll just need to find a friend with tiny hands for those spark plugs, they are a really fun time. Right up against the stupid frame. It was a nightmare with my giant meathooks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! I didnt even realize there was a vendor section on here. I really need to explore more!

Yeah ive heard they require some unique tools and some that just arent normally used on your average vehicle. Luckily i have a friend that has everything to work on them :)

I am super stoked. Definitely gonna be awesome to learn a new aspect of the industry!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts