Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm Ashlee from the Frederick, MD area. I purchased my first WRX (2016, CWP) yesterday. I'm coming from the Mazdaspeed world (may she rest in pieces/Deer: Not even once), so i'm sure there's a lot to learn and many new people to meet in this platform. Yay time to scour the forums!

17430959_10209026655123424_1396539625_o.jpg

·
Æternum
15,576 Posts
Welcome to Club!

What year MS3? Any pics?

My wife used to own one, until the engine ate it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to Club!

What year MS3? Any pics?

My wife used to own one, until the engine ate it.
Mine was a 2012. I blew my turbo and my engine on separate occasions. Oh the fun! She met her demise when a deer jumped into the side of it.

I actually bought the car originally with no idea how to drive a manual. They taught me the basics in the dealership parking lot and the rest was by myself in a parking lot. Haha

Attachments

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Wow, glad you are ok! Was a nice looking MS3. Subarus are better though!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, glad you are ok! Was a nice looking MS3. Subarus are better though!
I'm officially committed to finding out how much better! I've got dogs and a lot of adventuring to do in this car. Thinking of naming it Judas, since I feel like a mazda traitor.... But I still have my Miata! ?

Attachments

·
Æternum
15,576 Posts
Very nice.

We had a 2008 (we liked the 1G better). It had the K04 smoking issue (resolved with a higher weight oil) and eventually at 94,000 miles I suspected that something was up when it went through a quart of oil every 400 miles. Did a compression test (90 PSI in cylinders 2 and 3) and massively failed a leakdown test. Traded it in for the Kia Sportage and got $9k as a credit :rotfl:.

Wifey also learned to drive manual on the MS3. Well, went out a few times in my bugeye, but the MS3 was her first and only manual car.

Anyway, welcome and I'm sure you'll enjoy the WRX. It's a great daily driver. Also, great choice on the NA :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts