Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new/used daily and am seeking out a 6spd WRX.

I am not interested in the premium price for the STi nor do I need all of the bells and whistles. I'm seeking bang-for-buck and not too opposed to light mods down the road. I am looking to find out the details of sought after options that are not easy to retrofit later.

Xenon or better headlights, are there optional upgrades available on the base model?

Heated seats offered with cloth seats? Do I need to get into a Limited model to get that?

Are any 2015+ years better than others? If so, in which ways?

What else would you tell someone new to Subaru when shopping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
70 Posts
I am looking for a new/used daily and am seeking out a 6spd WRX.

I am not interested in the premium price for the STi nor do I need all of the bells and whistles. I'm seeking bang-for-buck and not too opposed to light mods down the road. I am looking to find out the details of sought after options that are not easy to retrofit later.

Xenon or better headlights, are there optional upgrades available on the base model?

Heated seats offered with cloth seats? Do I need to get into a Limited model to get that?

Are any 2015+ years better than others? If so, in which ways?

What else would you tell someone new to Subaru when shopping?

Thats a good question. Well for starters i would say go at least with a 2016 if you can. The first year where they all have a 6.2 inch multimedia screen. The sound in the base isnt any better but at least you have the larher screen and pandora app, and the reverse camera is on a larger screen as oppposed to the one on 2015s that is on the very small screen by the top of the dashboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

· Registered
3,060 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent link, thanks!

Have you been to the dealership yet to look at the different trims?
I am this weekend. I have looked through the trim level option availability but know some options are quite hard to find.

Thats a good question. Well for starters i would say go at least with a 2016 if you can. The first year where they all have a 6.2 inch multimedia screen. The sound in the base isnt any better but at least you have the larher screen and pandora app, and the reverse camera is on a larger screen as oppposed to the one on 2015s that is on the very small screen by the top of the dashboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Good info, that's the detail that I'm looking for. Thanks!

· Registered
50 Posts
Yes. you can get heated seats w/cloth in the Premium package. Mine came with Sunroof (you might not want this), all weather package, (heated mirrors, auto dimming mirror, a few other things...), heated cloth seats, Subaru rubber floor mats and trunk mat. Also came with the 18" wheels, (not sure if this is the norm for 2017, it might be). And yes, after seeing that god-awful 2015 base stereo head unit, go with 2016+. The audio quality is not great, BUT the head unit itself is pretty responsive to touch commands and I am really liking the Aha app for podcasts and finding local fuel, coffee, lodging, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.