ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Just picked it up with 3200 mile on the clock. Guy had it for an entire year and never drove it. Not even one blemish in the paint!

I'm coming out of a Mazda speed3 that the girlfriend is going to start driving. Totally different power delivery. At first, I thought the wrx was a kind of a turd, I just had to learn to drive it differently and realize the power is just much smoother.

The wrx has much more body roll in corners, but rides soooo much smoother on the freeway...just need to stiffen her up a little.

Anyhow, couldn't be happier! Can wait to start moddin'

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I came from a speed6 and love the power delivery of the wrx, it's so much better. You don't hit 3500 rpms and then get rocket shipped forward. Also this AWD system is soooo much better than the mazda's.

At lest you can still take the speed3 for a spin whenever you want. I don't care what anyone says, the speed3 is a beast when modded and a blast to drive. Anyway congrats on the new ride, I can only assume you are going to mod it, what are your goals?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I came from a speed6 and love the power delivery of the wrx, it's so much better. You don't hit 3500 rpms and then get rocket shipped forward. Also this AWD system is soooo much better than the mazda's.

At lest you can still take the speed3 for a spin whenever you want. I don't care what anyone says, the speed3 is a beast when modded and a blast to drive. Anyway congrats on the new ride, I can only assume you are going to mod it, what are your goals?
Honestly, not too sure about goals. I would love to hear that boxer sound a little more so I'm thinking about nameless axle back (their quieter version), and a possible stage 1 tune. I keep hearing the stock tune sucks and if I can possibly improve mileage and torque, I'm all for it. I know from my diesel days, it's a slippery slope so who knows, I'm sure it will all change :)

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
if you get a catback exhaust you can definatly hear the boxer engine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts