ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Fiesta ST & 2005 Lotus Elise
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Unlike most others I am joining this forum after getting rid of my '05 STi. I still have some fun cars around but the Subaru had a price offered for it that I couldn't pass up. I do however still have plenty of parts and other items lying around from the STi and am looking to pass these onto the WRX community :) so I will be posting some for sale adds in the coming days.

Thanks for having me!

·
Æternum
19,977 Posts
Welcome to Club.

Talk to me about the other fun cars. Looks like the Lotus in your picture is yours, yes?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Currently down to two cars, a 2017 Fiesta ST that is used for DD and track duty, and the 2005 Elise which I just picked up last year, the goal will be for it to take over as track toy and weekend cruiser. The poor Fiesta has 22 track days, countless autocross, and 55k far from easy miles on it :)

·
Premium Member
10,189 Posts
When in doubt go flat out. Looks like the only thing keeping that car on the track was the vacuum from your ass puckering

·
Æternum
19,977 Posts
Exceptional. Love the Lotus. It's nice to see one that isn't somehow more stripped out than a factory example.

When in doubt go flat out. Looks like the only thing keeping that car on the track was the vacuum from your ass puckering
The FiST is such a hilariously fun tripod. My local AX chapter won't let them compete because of it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like zax has said, they basically 3-wheel nonstop, and when you get them onto sticky tires and no regard for your own well-being, you can get them way up on two :LOL:. Turn #9 at Grattan Raceway (the 2-wheeling pic above) is a prime example of this. Check out around 1:25 from the in-car video below and you'll see a whole lot a induced sketchyness. Sorry for the slightly shaky camera mount!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have been on the track with some of those things. I prefer to keep them behind me so I don't end up in any metal changing meetings. If you drop down to the Motorsports Talk thread, you may see a couple of my track days. Unfortunately, this is prime track season and I am stuck at home.

I owned a Lotus back in the stone age. Wonderful little car. I'm a bit older and wider now and I don't fit in them very well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts