ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 04 wrx right now as you can get it for invoice and $1500 rebate. They have this really nice black one that they put these custom rims on side skirts and window tint but they want $25800 for it plue rebate. It looks really sweet but I think its a bit much for a 04.

The other is a good price but doesn't have the short shifter or spolier, its 24,070 plus rebate. the options on it are,

ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS (B2D)
UPGRADED SPEAKERS (D2A)
SUBWOOFER/AMPLIFIER (D2B)
AIR FILTRATION SYSTEM (K2A)
ARMREST EXTENSION (K2B)
AUTO-DIMMING REARVIEW MIRROR W/COMPASS (KYE)
SECURITY SYSTEM UPGRADE KIT (R2A)
TURBO BOOST GAUGE (T2P)

Is the factory short shifter any good.

Also I know the black one has few test driven miles on but the other probably has quite a few. Should I take that into consideration as well.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
ScreaminDemon said:
Sounds kinda pricey, but could be because of the extras on it.
Just my opinion,

But if you have any mechnical knowledge you can buy all of the options and install them yourself and save quite a few bucks.

I would search around for one without having to pay the labor $$$ of the short easy installation of these options.

You can buy the Short Shifter for around $200 and install it in an hour if you decide on it.

Shotgun

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
ShotgunTC88 said:
Just my opinion,

But if you have any mechnical knowledge you can buy all of the options and install them yourself and save quite a few bucks.

I would search around for one without having to pay the labor $$$ of the short easy installation of these options.

You can buy the Short Shifter for around $200 and install it in an hour if you decide on it.

Also, Take into consideration the amount of "test" drivin miles on any WRX, Remember some of us (me included) drive em pretty hard at times.

Mine had 80miles on it when I took it home,....And I am sure it wasnt coddled.......;)
Shotgun

·
Registered
236 Posts
those are nice options but ask yourself, do you really want all of them?

i bought my wagon for a smidge over $22k and my only option was crossbars. i hear the upgraded speakers are jokes. i know the turbo gauge is expensive but the rest of them should not add up to $24k. though i wish i had an armrest extension.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I bought mine with all the options you have on that black WRX.

Knowing what I know now, from reading this board and others, I would buy one without any options and install them myself if I had to do it all over again.

The factory options are terribly overpriced, so you can get cheaper and higher quality aftermarket counterparts.

My 2 pennies.

·
Registered
270 Posts
If there was one factory extra I would recommend, it would be the Carbon Fiber Trim. It makes the interior look so much better IMO. I have the speakers and they aren't worth the price.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you know you guys are probably right I should look somewhere else or have them find me one with just spolier and short shifter on.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ahahahaha look at what the sales guy just sent me.

My sales manager said, if you would come up and buy that Black one he would sell it to you today for our invoice plus the upgrades at our cost.

It is going to be a beautiful day for a drive, and would be even a better day to drive a new WRX home.

How about calling and let me know what you think.

Sam

I almost forgot. The first Blue one is a manual but not the short throw shifter. However, none of the Subaru shifters is inconvenient.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
only thing u need is the armrest.

U can buy a short shifter for 100 bucks.

Turbogauge for around 200.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah but i don't want to void my warrenty on my tranny by putting a after market short shifter on it. Esspically with all the bad stuff I've heard about the 5spd tranny.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Dealers cant void your warranty unless they can prove the aftermarket part caused the problem. Ex- boost controller set @ 20psi that blows your engine = void warranty. I know people that goto the dealer for oil changes that have turbo-back exhausts. It all depends on how mod friendly the dealer is...

The sub and speakers are a joke. Thats -2 options there. You can buy rubber floor mats at kmart or target. -1 for floor mats.

armrest gets my vote, +1

I got my 03' with air filter, armrest, security, spoiler, s-shifter, and boost. I only wanted the armrest and spoiler... The boost gauge was quoted to me @ $240. You can find cheaper ones. Also it reads in bar. I hate bar b/c i'm too lazy to do the conversion in my head so I just remember where 7psi is and go from there.

See if they have a wrx w/o the shifter and drive it. Then drive the one w/ the s-throw. If you cant tell the difference between the 2 then, don’t get the s-shifter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts