Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this club, but have owned my WRX for over a year now. I was waiting to see how the stock tires handled for the first year and have been very disappointed with the wear. I have some experience with Yocohomas and would like to know if any of you could recommend a good all season tire of that brand. I wanted a Z rated tire with a good tread wear. I also was curious if any of you had bought the service manuals for the car and if they were worth the money.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Casey02,

Im not hip to the tires well enough to comment.

BUT, IF you work on your own car, The service manual is as much of a necessity as any tools you may own!!!

(expensive,? Yea,......But so is the Service dept.;) )

.02 SHotgun

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering how indepth the were. My boyfriend has some orginal factory manuals for his car, but the aren't that helpful when it comes to things that were only on his exact model. But you are right about the prices at the dealer...might as well take out a second loan on the car with their prices on labor. So happy my mechanic understands the WRX and can do service repairs.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Welcome, Casey. ;)

The tire question depends a lot on where you live. If it doesn't snow there, there are several high-performance tires which offer excellent wet and dry traction, but the ones which also offer long life will cost you. You can use the search function here or check Tire Rack's website which has good data on various makes of tires. The problem with all-season tires is the "jack of all trades, master of none" syndrome. They are compromised, and will not excel in any particular facet of performance.

If you live in the snow belt, your best bet is to get some dedicated snow tires which you fit for winter driving and swap back to longer-wearing performance tires for the more temperate months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts