ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone not like how clear the tail lights are on the 08 5 door? Im glad there led, but they need to be smoked or something? Does anyone make them where its more blacked out?

·
Registered
97 Posts
if you find any please keep us posted.. im gonna have mine tinted the weekend i pick the car up. this is the quickest and easiest way to get smoked tails IMO... and its easy to put back to stock when you trade it in.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Buy a can of Nightshades, and put some clearcoat over it if you dare.
definitely a good idea... me and my brother used it on his jetta and it turned out awesome. i just dont know if anyone has posted a how-to on removing the taillights on the '08 wrx hatch yet.

·
Registered
97 Posts
^^^remove bolts/screws, and unplug?!:screwy:
sorry if my statement seems crazy, but i'm coming from a VW heritage where removing the taillights is more like an adventure than just removing bolts and unplugging said taillights.

·
Registered
30 Posts
when i used to work on my protege 5, it was an adventure. it was basically just removing panels and finding what holds the big piece of plastic to the big piece of metal. if you are careful with a flathead screw driver and have a phillips laying around with a 10 and 12 mm ratchet and socket, you should be able to stumble through it in less than an hour. putting it back together should take about 10 min though. if you do figure it out, post how you did it so others can learn from your mistakes

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Id take the car to a body shop and have the taillights painted red then clearcoated.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I did mine without taking off the lights. We used a sunday newspaper to cover up anything where we might have gotten paint. Turned out good.

·
Registered
106 Posts
well we went through the whole sunday paper pretty much so you might need two tuesday papers haha

·
Registered
97 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts