ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, say i wanted to redo the susoension on an '06 WRX. What diffrent parts would i need for the front and rear, including sway bars? Can you suggest any parts? Thanks.. (price is not too much of an issue as of now, but i want it for a strret car.)

·
Registered
438 Posts
What are you looking to do Auto X on weekends or is it purely a street car. I have Tein H-tech springs along with front rear strut bars underbody H-brace and then get some sticky tires and that would be a pretty sweet car. Now I did not have money for coil-overs but if you have the money I would look into that too. If you want stock ride height then sway bars are defiantly the way to go. Ethier way the first things IMO is to get a set of nice tires it will make a noticeable difference

·
Registered
483 Posts
on my 06 im runnin perrin links and s-tech springs. its a significant improvement but it doesnt run you to death. if your looking at coilovers be wary of blowing struts. i think swaybars are overrated, the stockers do fantastic with the proper endlinks, but thats just my opinion

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are you looking to do Auto X on weekends or is it purely a street car. I have Tein H-tech springs along with front rear strut bars underbody H-brace and then get some sticky tires and that would be a pretty sweet car. Now I did not have money for coil-overs but if you have the money I would look into that too. If you want stock ride height then sway bars are defiantly the way to go. Ethier way the first things IMO is to get a set of nice tires it will make a noticeable difference
im looking for a street car with stock ride height. i dot know how a suspension works as well as i do an engine. what parts would i need, including coilovers and sway bars and everything. i want to know what parts i would need for both the front and rear suspension. thanks

·
Registered
438 Posts
Well if your looking for stock ride height then I would start by doing endlinks sway bars and a good set of tires. If that does not meet your needs then I would start looking into coilovers. These are the things I recomend because these are the only things I have expericed or had a chance to drive. Some other good options, but which I have no experience with so I cannot say there good or bad, would be an anti lift kit and a caster/camber kit here is a website that breaks down what everything does I can get a better website if you want me to let me know but for now let me know if this helps
http://www.whiteline.com.au/default.asp?page=/faqintro.htm

·
Registered
273 Posts
I also have an 06 and it's a daily driver, i.e 36k miles right now. Recently I installed Tein H-techs and they're awesome. The car looks so much better and the ride is only slightly stiffer, which I actually like more than stock. With a pair of swaybars and a two sets of endlinks it's a totally different ride (in a good way).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts