ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally took pics of the parts me and a friend will be installing this weekend.

Progress 22-24mm rear sway with supplied beefier mounting brackets
Helix end links
Eibach pro kit springs
Noltec steering rack bushing

And after its all said and done a nice alignment.

chris

·
Registered
222 Posts
awesome, take some pics of the install and keep us posted

·
Registered
331 Posts
i just bought the exact same springs... let me know how they handle

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Your car is going to handle 100x better.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is what i am hoping for

i got tires and wheels already and up graded brakes. so hopefully with these parts the car will handle how i want. Compared to everything i have driven before the wrx far out handles them all but i want to make it even better.

chris

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
The springs, sways and alignment will make a huge difference, a lot bigger than your wheels/tires. You will love it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
finally installed parts...

this past friday a friend and I installed the parts. THe driver side steering rack bushing was a pain but well worth it. I was a bit of a skeptic but after driving around the wheel is tighter and more responsive. THe front springs were easy and the rears required removing rear seat but no trouble. Although i forgot to fully tighten the front middle nut on strut after putting eibach springs in and had a slight rattle until i checked it and retorqued everything and now no noise. The sway bar was easy as well. All in all it took us a better part of the day with breaks to do everything but the car is no much better now. I had a custom alignment done on saturday. I am running -1.1 camber in front with 0 toe. The alignment guy came highly recommended and he allowed me to be in the bay as he did the alignment so i saw everything and made sure i got the specs i wanted because the tolerances are so wide. Now i cant wait to put my summer tires and wheels and this thing will really grip. :)

I'll be posting pics below

chris

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
few more pics

here is a close up pic of front and rear and a pic of the rear seat removed.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
general impressions

The car is just awesome now even with the re92's. At high speed highway driving and cornering to back road twisties the car just sticks and asks for more. THe ride comfort with the eibachs is really good considering. Its stiffer and lower but the potholes in connecticut dont kill you so am glad about that. The steering rack bushings i am a huge advocate for now and highly recommend it. And i got the sway set at 23mm in the middle setting. Come on spring time so i can put my bronze rota tarmac 2 with yokohama avs es100 tires on.

chris

·
Registered
107 Posts
im glad i have a wagon. when i had my sedan, now that i think about it both my wrx and sti i forgot the center seat belt a total of 3 times. i bet if i did another spring install on sedan i would still forget it.

so you really noticed a difference on the steering rack bushings? ive been skeptical.

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
24,078 Posts
You can't go wrong with those upgrades. I'm considering the steering rack bushings also.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah

trust me on this if you find the links for installing the bushing for steering rack it is a major pain on driver side. I almost lost it a few times. But once it was all bolted back to gether and i had to turn my car around int the warehouse iw as doing the work in it was immediately apparent there is no play in the steering wheel at all. The memory steeris almost completely gone and it just seems more responsive to the slightest touch. i hated how the steering wheel responded and when i came across the link i figured for a twenty something dollar part it was worth a shot and i am very pleased and especiall y with all the other stuff done and the alignment the car just feels so much better now.

chris

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Cool! :thumbup:

Glad you are happy with everything.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts