ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just bought a new 2019 WRX love the car already. Already toying the idea of full exhaust and a tune (i'm assuming it will void the warranty) but, need to ask, how reliable are these engine with after tuning and some bolt-on's?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have had my exhaust from the turbo back and tuned for over two years on my 2016 WRX and have had no issues. Had a check engine light come on last year for a oil sending unit sensor? But do not think it came on from my mods and tune just was normal engine issue. Was able to get a performance Perrin air intake without a tune, would suggest that as your first mod but no pro here. Todd

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have had my exhaust from the turbo back and tuned for over two years on my 2016 WRX and have had no issues. Had a check engine light come on last year for a oil sending unit sensor? But do not think it came on from my mods and tune just was normal engine issue. Was able to get a performance Perrin air intake without a tune, would suggest that as your first mod but no pro here. Todd
Ive heard that intake tune and exhaust unlocks quite a bit of hp, is that true?

·
Master linguitist
10,036 Posts
On the fa20f in the 15+ wrx not as much as previously. The exhaust side of things is far more efficient and well designed.

The fa20f responds better on the intake side of things. Intake, tgv and egr deletes and so on. If horsepower is your ultimate goal and you need Dyno results that's been the consensus so far. The exhaust does free up some power though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the fa20f in the 15+ wrx not as much as previously. The exhaust side of things is far more efficient and well designed.

The fa20f responds better on the intake side of things. Intake, tgv and egr deletes and so on. If horsepower is your ultimate goal and you need Dyno results that's been the consensus so far. The exhaust does free up some power though.
Welp first order of business, intake and a cobb, thanks for the help!

·
Master linguitist
10,036 Posts
If you are only doing the intake and that's all you won't see the huge bump from the egr and tgv delete. That's where the restriction is. However you'll see a fair return on investment as you'll get about the same power for less parts cost.

The required Cobb big sf intake is 300 or less where the downpipe is upwards of 600.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you are only doing the intake and that's all you won't see the huge bump from the egr and tgv delete. That's where the restriction is. However you'll see a fair return on investment as you'll get about the same power for less parts cost.

The required Cobb big sf intake is 300 or less where the downpipe is upwards of 600.
Hmm ill have to look into those also, i know nothing about this engine or platform (flat 4) so im starting to do research and figuring out a game plan so i can get these knocked out once the car is out of powertrain warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
HNEMES
ClubWRX Forum
We invite you to join our Subaru Impreza WRX and STi community to discuss engine mods, builds, detailing, and more.
Full Forum Listing