ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanna say hi to all... Names Rico. Just ordered my brand new 2012 SWP Wrx base with sti short throw shifter, auto dimming mirror with compass, exhaust finisher and arm rest extension. I've never had a Subaru before, so this will be my first. I honestly never cared for the look of the car till this generation came out. I've liked em for a while so I decided to pull the trigger. I'm trading in my 07 Lexus is250 AWD for it and can't be more excited. I've never driven a Subaru before until a couple weeks ago when I test drove a wrx and I just loved it. Just wanted to say hi and express my excitement for my WRX!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't plan in doing many mods, def nothing under the hood, if any would just be some lighting and maybe sounds mods but that will probably be it. However I'm still open to hearing any tips that anyone has for me!!

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't plan in doing many mods, def nothing under the hood, if any would just be some lighting and maybe sounds mods but that will probably be it. However I'm still open to hearing any tips that anyone has for me!!
Everybody says this all the time.
Its just a matter of time till the mod-bug bites you.
Welcome to the forum by the way lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a question... When I ordered my Subaru the salesman gave me a Von number, but never said what I can do with it. What was the point of him giving me that number? Is there a way to track the build process with it or something?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
VON = Vehicle Order Number

What can you do with it? Call Subaru of America and harass them about where your car is.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts

What can you do with it? Call Subaru of America and harass them about where your car is.
+1

The dealership didn't have any info on delivery date/VIN/etc, and I hadn't gotten any emails beyond the initial one. So I called SOA, gave em the order number, and they gave me the VIN and an estimated delivery date.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Hahaha... Thanks! I don't think I'll call just yet since I just ordered the car Saturday but I'll wait a week and then harass them

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Yeah, they probably won't have any more info for a couple weeks or so. I called after...2? 3?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just called SOA and got my vin number and estimated delivery date of March 26th... Thinking that was a bad idea cuz now all I can think about is how far away the date is and how I just want it to be the 26th now lol

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Just an FYI, I've been calling SOA once a week as a coping mechanism. I've gotten different receptions each time from different people. The first was good customer service; here's your VIN and estimated delivery date and feel free to call us weekly or so for updates, etc etc.

The second was just matter-of-fact, the date has changed from the 13th to the 12th.

This week's was some lady who kinda gave me a hard time, without overtly giving me a hard time. Kept politely informing me that the dealership is the place to be calling, they'll have more info than we will, etc. Finally she just said "it looks like it will be mid march sometime, deliveries can take up to 12 weeks you know."

Kinda funny, since the first time I called them was right after I spoke to the dealership, who didn't know anything, and I got my VIN and date estimate. I just called them again today and they still don't even have that info.

So, moral of the story, keep calling SOA for updates, just don't be surprised if you get some lady who gives you a hard time ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The wait is killing me... My subie is supposed to be here today!!! Anyone wanna guess chances are I won't get it today? Lol I think my chances r good that I won't get it today lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts