Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

for one I'm, new to the forum and I also just bought myself an 2.5RS Impreza MY04. I'm looking to make as much power as I can until I can legally drive a WRX (P plate laws in Australia state I cannot drive a turbocharged vehicle until I'm on my full licence and until I'm 25 (19 at the moment)). So I was wondering what are the best modifications to make and the best brands to get?

Cheers lads, hope you can help me out. Peace.

·
Village Idiot
2,450 Posts
Welcome to the club. Honestly, there aren't many good mods that add power to the NA platform without going with forced induction. I would recommend you work on the driver mod. That being, work on improving your driving skills until you can get a car that is more mod friendly. You'll be wasting your money modding this RS.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey guys,

for one I'm, new to the forum and I also just bought myself an 2.5RS Impreza MY04. I'm looking to make as much power as I can until I can legally drive a WRX (P plate laws in Australia state I cannot drive a turbocharged vehicle until I'm on my full licence and until I'm 25 (19 at the moment)). So I was wondering what are the best modifications to make and the best brands to get?

So in australia you cant drive a turbo car til your 25? Wow thats pretty rough

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrats on the car. I had a 2.5 RS for a couple years. Adding more power is difficult. I would recommend an Intake and full exhaust

Intake - I had a short Ram air on it for a while but then eventually when for a Cold Air intake and it seemed to help gas mileage, give ya a bit more power, and the sound is great.

Full Exhaust - Get a 2.5 inch exhaust. I went with the Tsudo one as you get the sound of the N1 Apexi for half the price. They also make a good header and High Flow Cat. This will open up some flow and give you a bit more on the end of the RPMs. Also the sound is much better. Take a look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOV9UkzI0Mg

Have fun they are awesome cars but dont expect to much power gain.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,620 Posts
Hmm, interesting about that law, I'd love to see the details on that. Seems a bit arbitrary to simply associate it with the presence of a turbocharger. There are lots of cars out there (presumably also down under?) with turbos, that aren't particularly powerful.

·
Æternum
15,855 Posts
Get a Maloo.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hmm, interesting about that law, I'd love to see the details on that. Seems a bit arbitrary to simply associate it with the presence of a turbocharger. There are lots of cars out there (presumably also down under?) with turbos, that aren't particularly powerful.
Yeah im curious too. I mean liie the ecoboost fiestas that have like 3 cylinders lol. Too much powaaaaaa! lol

·
Super Moderator
11,417 Posts
Hey guys,

Make the most of it and enjoy it.

I wish we had that law here.

·
Æternum
15,855 Posts
Why would you want a law like that?

We have a lot of kiddies here doing stupid things with cars.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Congrats OP.... although I see where they were trying to go with that law it really wouldn't do much imo.
Plenty of NA cars to get in trouble with. I mean shoot a hooligan in a Daihatsu Mira could raise havoc if he/she was irresponsible enough.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah but theres probably more stupid things done with non turbocharged cars than with turboed cars. And the car makes no difference. Young kids will do stupid sht regardless of car. Its doesnt take someone going really fast to do stupid things. Most kids crash at fairly low speeds usually understeering or oversteering into something. Rather than crashing into something at over 100 or speeds like that

·
Super Moderator
11,417 Posts
Yeah but theres probably more stupid things done with non turbocharged cars than with turboed cars. And the car makes no difference. Young kids will do stupid sht regardless of car. Its doesnt take someone going really fast to do stupid things. Most kids crash at fairly low speeds usually understeering or oversteering into something. Rather than crashing into something at over 100 or speeds like that

Insurance data states otherwise.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Insurance data states otherwise.

If you were to go by how many turboed cars are on the road. And how many non turboed cars are on the road theres a lot more NA cars and naturally a lot more yound people with NA cars doing dumb things. Especially since yoing people generally tend to have less money, and turboed cars tend to be mpre expensive. And like Steemax said. Theres lots on Na cars that are much faster than most stock turboed cars. Especially in Australia. Its full of second hand ls v8 engined rwd cars. So it doesnt make any sense

·
Super Moderator
11,417 Posts
Facts are facts. The best part of facts is no matter how much you don't agree with them it doesn't change the fact they are indeed Facts Cheap fast turbo cars are everywhere. Dsms are a dime a dozen and can make ignorant power on the cheap.

They use percentages to equalize the difference in ownership numbers to give an idea of what is higher risk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Im not saying insurance data is wromg im saying turbo or no tubro makes no difference when it comes to kids doing dumb ****. A dumb kid will do it in any car doesnt matter what it is. And a law isnt gonna stop them from doing it which is my point. It just means theyll do it in something different. In australia, probably something with a v8

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats on the car. I had a 2.5 RS for a couple years. Adding more power is difficult. I would recommend an Intake and full exhaust

Intake - I had a short Ram air on it for a while but then eventually when for a Cold Air intake and it seemed to help gas mileage, give ya a bit more power, and the sound is great.

Full Exhaust - Get a 2.5 inch exhaust. I went with the Tsudo one as you get the sound of the N1 Apexi for half the price. They also make a good header and High Flow Cat. This will open up some flow and give you a bit more on the end of the RPMs. Also the sound is much better. Take a look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOV9UkzI0Mg

Have fun they are awesome cars but dont expect to much power gain.

Whats probaly the best Cold Air Intake to get? I don't really have a max budget

1 - 20 of 24 Posts