Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone!

Just purchased my first EVER Subaru and I got a 2018 WRX Limited CVT.
Excited to join the community and make some small mods! Anyone have any suggestions what to do first?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey Everyone!

Just purchased my first EVER Subaru and I got a 2018 WRX Limited CVT.
Excited to join the community and make some small mods! Anyone have any suggestions what to do first?
Take it back and get a 6MT! lol just kidding. It's an amazing car, I've got the same in LBP 6MT- also my first ever Subie. Do you have eye sight or paddle shifters? Never looked into the CVT at all. What color? Any extras?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take it back and get a 6MT! lol just kidding. It's an amazing car, I've got the same in LBP 6MT- also my first ever Subie. Do you have eye sight or paddle shifters? Never looked into the CVT at all. What color? Any extras?
Haha, I've always loved cars but was never really INTO them...so I never learned stick (I know, hope I don't get hated on too much)

I opted out of the Eyesight package (+nav, blindspot detectors, HK speakers) because I thought adding $3k was a bit much, especially because I was thinking about changing the head-unit & speakers. But I do have the paddle shifters for the Sport # mode.

Here's my new beauty!

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
All good, they offer it in CVT for that reason. I'm sure it's still a blast to drive. She's a beaut! Any plans for mods/PPF/ceramic coating or anything like that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All good, they offer it in CVT for that reason. I'm sure it's still a blast to drive. She's a beaut! Any plans for mods/PPF/ceramic coating or anything like that?
Haha thanks, and yea it's still awesome to drive :)

Well first I'm going to tint the windows, but was thinking of getting a black overlay on the roof.
Was also going to switch out the speakers and possibly change out the head unit (was looking at the Alpine iLX-107)
In the near future, would definitely want to add an exhaust, but I'm pretty content with the stock sound right now. Any suggestions?

Any other recommended suggestions on what I should do?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats! I have had mine now for about a month, the same Limited CVT in Dark Grey Metallic and the Eyesight package. I think sometime next week I will be past the break in period.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would highly recommend getting the front wrapped with paint protection film. Either Xpel or Suntek. I got the Suntek premium with a 10 year warranty to protect from rock chips and such. Tinted windows is a wonderful idea too. You got the limited so you've got most of the bells and whistles already. I did mudflaps and weathertech floor mats along with some cosmetic things like some carbon overlays, taillight tint for the white part, and the JDM S207 grille pinstripe. All depends on the look you want. Exhaust, roof racks, a hitch, and light bar is next for me. I'm going for a new gen spin on the rally look

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would highly recommend getting the front wrapped with paint protection film. Either Xpel or Suntek. I got the Suntek premium with a 10 year warranty to protect from rock chips and such. Tinted windows is a wonderful idea too. You got the limited so you've got most of the bells and whistles already. I did mudflaps and weathertech floor mats along with some cosmetic things like some carbon overlays, taillight tint for the white part, and the JDM S207 grille pinstripe. All depends on the look you want. Exhaust, roof racks, a hitch, and light bar is next for me. I'm going for a new gen spin on the rally look
Awesome, thanks for the suggestions. Will look into the paint protection film!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the suggestions. Will look into the paint protection film!
It's an investment but if you plan to keep the car for a long time it is totally worth it. Make sure you price around and get someone who will install it custom and not just from a template. The guy I had do it did the entire front end, fenders, headlights and fog lights, backs of mirrors, and door cups for 2K. You cant even tell at all even if you know it's been wrapped. I have everything for it but still need to do a ceramic coating. Doing it myself to save money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts