ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...finally bought an 09 wrx back in March, and I decided since I don't know much about turbo cars, or Subaru's, I would join the forum and try to get some advice, info, etc from you guys!

Here is my baby!

PS- Can anyone direct me to a good place to start with engine mods? It's completely stock, and I was thinking about the k&n typhoon intake, but my two concerns are spending a ton of money on it, and voiding any warranty. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

If you're going to start with modifications, I would suggest staying simple and going right to an accessport. Avoid the intake as as the first modification because you'd want a tune to go with it. If you want an intake, get the Accessport first and then get the intake, then you'll have a tuner that will work properly for it.

We're doing a deal on an Accessport + Free Hella Supertone Horns. Let me know if you're interested.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine/134357069-kronos-accessport-sale-buy-accessport-get-free-hella-supertones.html

·
Registered
265 Posts
When it comes to turbo's make sure you tune them for aftermarket parts. A cat back exhaust doesn't need a retune, but if you get a down or up pipe you'll keep to have it tuned, same goes for an intake. Like Kronos said, get the accessport first. It does have the possibility of voiding the warranty if something happens to the engine though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice guys. Don't think i'm ready to spend that amount just yet, so I will hold off for now until I can do it the rht way and get the accessport before anything else.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey welcome,
The WRB is a great color and the first thing I plan for mine is an access port followed by an intake and down pipe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts