ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My name is Jessica and I'm new around here and new to Subaru's as well. I purchased a 2012 WRX Premium about 3 weeks ago and joined here in hopes of learning more about it. I'm not new to cars or racing, I currently own a low 11 second 1998 Eclipse GSX. I've always loved and preferred Mitsubishi's, but the new body style WRX's really caught my eye so I decided to pick one up as something else fun to drive around everyday as the GSX had become impractical for daily driving. My plan is the keep the WRX stock (or at least relatively stock), but we'll see how long that works out for me. So far I really love driving this car.

Here is a not-so-great picture of the new car while it was still on the lot:

And a picture of the GSX:

Look forward to meeting some of you.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hi. Man the trunk trim pieces really make a big difference

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome and Congrats!

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
That Eclipse is a 11 second car? It has sleeper written all over it. I like.

Enjoy the new car, and my money has you modding the car - at least a little - pretty soon.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Welcome!

Cherry Hill Subaru eh? I work 10 min from there!

Those GSXs are major sleepers if done right! I had a buddy with just a GST who ran low 12s after he did some work including a turbo swap. It pulled!

·
Registered
116 Posts
congrats on the new wrx, and welcom to the forum :wave:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you everyone!

That Eclipse is a 11 second car? It has sleeper written all over it. I like.

Enjoy the new car, and my money has you modding the car - at least a little - pretty soon.
Definitely is a sleeper. 11.2 @ 126 is my best time so far, though I think I could could crack into the 10's with a change in tune.

That's probably a safe bet. I once told myself I would be happy with the Eclipse when I got it in the 13's...

Welcome!

Cherry Hill Subaru eh? I work 10 min from there!

Those GSXs are major sleepers if done right! I had a buddy with just a GST who ran low 12s after he did some work including a turbo swap. It pulled!
Yeah, Cherry Hill was the only dealership in the area that had a WRX in stock! I actually live in PA - work in Philly and live about 30 minutes north of there.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Geeze...11.2 is money. What mods do you have done??? Turbo upgrade I assume...

Nice...I live in good ole Manayunk, but only for another 6 months or so til I move back to NJ to be closer to work. Go figure: lived in NJ, worked in Philly (CC). Now I live in Philly, got a job in NJ. Duh. :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Geeze...11.2 is money. What mods do you have done??? Turbo upgrade I assume...

Nice...I live in good ole Manayunk, but only for another 6 months or so til I move back to NJ to be closer to work. Go figure: lived in NJ, worked in Philly (CC). Now I live in Philly, got a job in NJ. Duh. :p
Yeah, the turbo is an FP 3065. It has a fully built motor with BC 280 cams and it's tuned with DSM Link (I'm sure you're not familiar with this as it's a DSM only tuning program). There isn't much under the hood that's not stock, so I'm not going to list everything. It would take me all day haha

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
DSM Link is much like our open source. We have heard of it.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
DSM Link is much like our open source. We have heard of it.
+1

That is what my buddy was using to tune after his swap...but it wasn't finished unfortunately due to his passing from a motorcycle accident back in May. His friends are all pulling money together to rebuild the car in his memory though which is awesome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts