ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I purchased my buddies 2004 Subaru WRX about 2 months ago. He loved the car, but is starting a family so he decided that putting the money towards a house and his family was the better thing to do.
I've always loved the Subaru Impreza family and I finally own one!
My buddy has already installed a true blue K&N cold air with screen on filter. He also has an UP that he was going to put on but never got around to it. So I'll be purchasing that and putting that on, hopefully this spring. I'm thinking next will be DP. Any other thoughts / ideas? :)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Hello and welcome:)
Make sure you get some engine management for your UP and DP install, COBB accessport is great

·
Registered
344 Posts
like he said ^^^ make sure you have some sort of engine management and cobb is great, i'll be ordering my cobb access port soon

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, sad story ....
I was doing some research on the cobb accessport, but not enough. because last week i was checking ebay and ran accross a version 1 ap and the seller said it was for an 04 wrx or 04-06 sti (he totaled his 06 sti and unmarried the device). the auction was close to being over so i went ahead and put a bid in ... and low and behold i won the auction, and then an hour later i was researching it a bit more and found out it probably would not work with my 04 WRX since he had an 06 sti. I called him and he said, it has right on the manual 04 WRX so it should work. The package was delivered yesterday, opened the box...the part number (on the box and on the back of the device) includes 06-AE-STI!!! You would think that he noticed this when he bought the device....oh well, it's my own fault so I have to deal with it. :rolleyes:

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
well, sad story ....
I was doing some research on the cobb accessport, but not enough. because last week i was checking ebay and ran accross a version 1 ap and the seller said it was for an 04 wrx or 04-06 sti (he totaled his 06 sti and unmarried the device). the auction was close to being over so i went ahead and put a bid in ... and low and behold i won the auction, and then an hour later i was researching it a bit more and found out it probably would not work with my 04 WRX since he had an 06 sti. I called him and he said, it has right on the manual 04 WRX so it should work. The package was delivered yesterday, opened the box...the part number (on the box and on the back of the device) includes 06-AE-STI!!! You would think that he noticed this when he bought the device....oh well, it's my own fault so I have to deal with it. :rolleyes:
sucks, although im sure you can sell it, I didnt know that the V1 came out for the 06-07s

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
sucks, although im sure you can sell it, I didnt know that the V1 came out for the 06-07s
+1 just sell it and buy the right one for your car

·
Registered
344 Posts
I didn't know the V1 came for those years either.... I wonder if it would work, have you tried it at all?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't know the V1 came for those years either.... I wonder if it would work, have you tried it at all?
I'm not going to take that chance. From what I've read it looks like it's very ECU specific and I don't want to take the chance of locking up my ECU. Is there a specific thread that I can post this for sale? I'll get some pics of it and the serial # .

Thanks all for the welcome and the info. Glad to be here and a WRX owner.

·
5,780 Posts
oh, no, it wont work.

·
5,780 Posts
I'm not going to take that chance. From what I've read it looks like it's very ECU specific and I don't want to take the chance of locking up my ECU. Is there a specific thread that I can post this for sale? I'll get some pics of it and the serial # .

there is a For Sale Forum you can post it in http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Welcome to the club.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the club!

There is a Personal For Sale and a regional NCS: Local For Sale Only ! . The accessport is a popular used item - you should not have much trouble finding a buyer.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome to the club

1 - 16 of 16 Posts