Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought i would let you guys know that the new STi has landed in Australia and the first times have been run. The STi has been slightly detuned fo us here because of our crappy fuel, as a few of the previous STi's that were shipped over had piston meltdowns.
Power: 195kw (262hp)
0-100km/h (0-62mph): 5.45 sec
0-400m: 13.64 sec

Now, these times are mighty quick for a detuned version that is very heavy. This car is only 2 tenths slower than the previous version STi down under, but weighs an extra 200kg. Early reports are that some tuning shops have dynoed the little beast and have discovered they have a bit more power, to the tune of about 230-240 kw (308-322hp).
I THINK subaru are pulling some shifties. Good ones though.hehe.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nahh, your not. I have been on this board for a while, but dont post that often. There is a few aussies on this board.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Kool!!!

Question for you guys down under, out of curiousity, what is the price difference (MSRP) between the regular WRX and the STi?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Monika,

There he is! Wrex4life is the other Aussie I was telling you about, but whose name I couldn't remember.
His car is ridiculously fast. Search for his stories on "WRX vs. the World."

-Jim

·
Registered
28 Posts
The standard WRX are around $41000 drive away. People over here think there crap ( SORRY ) and dont buy them so they try to get rid of em heaps cheap. Everybody has the shape i have. The new STI's are rumoured to be priced at around $55,000. Not sure if thats on road. There are only around 100 of them comming so far.
Why wouldn't you just buy a STI though for the price? I cant believe i nearly brought the Integra Type R for $47,000.

YUCKY

·
Registered
470 Posts
Decoding Australian

For those of us not familiar with the Australian currency the American dollar is worth 1.910688 Aussie dollars as of 1/8/01.

This means that they pay about $21458(US) for a standard WRX, $28785(US) for an STi, and $24598(US) for an Integra Type R.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for that. I started writing and had no idea how to work out currency. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts