ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Odd, on the SPT site they have new set of "pink" struts and springs listed. They appear to have the same spring rate as the Tuned by Arai/V-limited/STi coilovers but non-adjustable. It seems as the dampening and rebound rate are the same as the adjustable ones set on the 2nd click. Price is $1500. Is this some new only for USA thing? That is if the specs they have listed are right:

2004-2005 SD WRX, RS/2004 STi
STI Strut/Spring Kit

Struts:
Q.What is the compression Rate?
A.Front 840N, Rear 620N at 0.3m/sec.

Q.What is the Rebound Rate?
A.Front 1580N, Rear 1150N at 0.3m/sec.

Q.What color are they?
A.STI Cherry-red.

Q.Are they adjustable?
A.No, they are not adjustable.

Springs:
Q.What is the "Progressive Rate"?
A.Front 60N/mm, Rear 50N/mm.

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
That's the strut/spring set also "tuned" by Arai. It's been out for awhile, but no one has bought a set that I know of (I wish someone would).

What I thought was odd was the damping #'s- the spring rates are obviously a little on the firm side, but the damping is less than the v7 STi strut

compared v7 strut front 2396/791 Arai 1580/840
rear 1668/690 Arai 1150/620

The way I'm reading that is either the v7 strut is way overdamped (don't thinnk so- I ran them for two years w/ RA springs) or the Arai setup is underdamped?

I don't get the disparity in damping rates, especially in light of the firmer springs- doesn't make sense to me.

Big Sky

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So there are now 2 strut/spring sets besides the coil-overs? I am getting the non-coilover, adjustable Arai/V-limited set, And its not that set. I did not realize that they offered a non dampening adjustable set too. I can see having less dampening on the compression side with a higher spring rate, but I am at a loss to explain the rebound rate.....I am assuming that Toshio and Sti know what there are doing. We'll see when I get them.

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Usually STi does a good job w/ spring rates and damping, I would imagine they've done the same here.

Do they list the damping rates for the 4 way adjustable ones?

Either way would love to hear a review.

Thanks

Big Sky

1 - 5 of 5 Posts