ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Just picked up an 07 black Sti. I would love to meet up with some fellow subie owners in SWFL or may be even the Tampa area.

I look forward to meeting and chatting with everyone.

photo.jpeg

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
herro! welcome, floridian.

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Welcome to Club :)

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Welcome!

What car did you have before this? Is this your first Subaru?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is my first Sti, but I've had a subaru impreza L, a 2.5 rs wagon and an 05 wrx.

I love the car so far, but I have inherited a few problems from the pervious owner.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well after a horrible first evening w/ the clifford alarm. I am back (hopefully) to enjoying this car. It has been modified in many ways, but the previous owner must have kept his accessport. I will be ordering one tonight because I run really lean and get terrible gas milage.

308355_10150408456771341_535656340_10562784_304399237_n.jpeg 318679_10150408457216341_535656340_10562793_2045034340_n.jpeg 313597_10150408459281341_535656340_10562835_791963774_n.jpeg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just test drove an 06 sti today? I don't know too much about it but wow what a rush. In the dash it has a duel turbo tuner which by looking at the engine bay looks kike it has a twin turbo. I will hopefully be buying this car soon. Also I'm in Miami FL. is there a local club doing here that I could met up with?

·
Registered
882 Posts
I just test drove an 06 sti today? I don't know too much about it but wow what a rush. In the dash it has a duel turbo tuner which by looking at the engine bay looks kike it has a twin turbo. I will hopefully be buying this car soon. Also I'm in Miami FL. is there a local club doing here that I could met up with?
Way to highjack someones intro thread!!!!! And the car was probably not TWIN TURBO

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
welcome both of you, good luck with the accessport.. Since the car has a front mount intercooler it will be cheaper for you to take the car to a tuner and have it professionally tuned/dyno'd

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hello hello! Im a Naples man myself! Glad to see another (modified) STi in the game!

You have a mod list at all? I've definately been around the block with my car (fixing up stuff). I also have the name (and number lol) of a reputable tuner who comes down to the area every so often :)

Also, you should see about pestering the guy who sold you the car to get the AP back. He wont be able to do much with it (or sell it) if its still linked to your ECU....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I figured a full tune is need, but I was hoping the accessport would help get my car not to idle so rough and not run so lean. It almost stalled today.
The list appears to be:
Greddy turbo back exhaust
Greddy FMIC
Samco Inlet hose
Samco Intake hose
Short Ram Intake
Headers
Up-pipe w/ tial external wastegate and dump tube
I think a Turbo XS BoV
Blitz boost controller

few gauges and a tubo timer as well.

·
Registered
188 Posts
is it upgraded or stock turbo? You should probably check for leaks if you haven't already. Was there any hints the guy gave you about where he had it tuned? Or did he do it himself? :confused1

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what kind of leaks should I be looking for? Air leaks or oil/fuel leaks. I think I'm going to take it to Japtrix racing over on the other coast once I have the accessport and have it tuned on their dyno. It looks like the stock turbo and no idea about the prior tune because the dealer bought the car from another dealership.

How far south are you in naples?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ugh so it was bought from a dealer already modified and they didn't include the AP...well I dont know what to say about that then honestly :/

Edit: you sure it was tuned with an AP and not open source? It just seems kinda dumb on the original owner's part if he had it tuned with an AP and kept it, because he can't use that AP on anything else and your ECU would be locked out too (unless you can override/unlock it which Im sure you can)

Just check for Vacuum and intake leaks they will definately throw your Air Fuel Ratio off. You can build an adapter for your intake from parts from home depot:
Stealth 316 - Intake pressure tester
or buy one premade:
Intake Leak Pressure Tester (just randomly found this site)

If I had one I'd loan it to ya, but I borrow one of my friend's when he's in town

You have a wideband and boost gauge at least right?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well I would definately try to test for Intake/Vac leaks first off.
You just need an adapter for your intake and an air compressor. Just dont put more pressure in than around 10-15 pounds or so. See if it holds steady or not and go from there.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts