ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Y'all,

I want to introduce myself to everyone. My name is Darren and I just purchased a 2012 STI on June 1st. I must say that I'm really excited to start hooking up my car and meeting fellow Subaru owners on this site and locally (i'm in Maryland). I like the "what's up / waves" that WRX/STI owners gives me when they see me driving around town. While I was at the Ocean City Maryland Car Show on June 12th, I received alot of "what's up / waves" from passing Subaru drivers. I didn't see that response between other drivers with the same make of cars. That made we realize that we are a pretty tight knit crew. As a newbie to the import/performance scene, I cannot offer any advice or suggestions at this time. I will be that person in other threads reading up and asking questions. All I can show you all now is my album (of 5 pictures) with my first mod (tint). Take care.

Darren

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Welcome, lots of reading material here and advice from some pretty knowledgeable folks. I've never been chastised here for asking a question, nice people.

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
Welcome! i exhange thumbs up with almost every wrx/sti out there lol. i don't know what it is, but it seems like the only car maker with that kind of connection. the only person i didnt get a thumbs up from had the exact same car as i did haha.

btw, red looks awesome!

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

Many STI owners here in CO will wave, but not so many WRX owners. I give them all the finger. j/k :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Y'all. Thanks all for the welcome and compliments on the car.

@WrxPower - I love the Red color, but majority of the folks I talk with tell me that my car is a cop magnet. Do you get people telling you the same thing?

@Jeff (96accord) - I'm at Ft. Meade. How about you?

@nismopowerdqg - I'm looking at an Intake, Cobb Access Port Tuner, and Exhaust.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Hi Y'all. Thanks all for the welcome and compliments on the car.

@WrxPower - I love the Red color, but majority of the folks I talk with tell me that my car is a cop magnet. Do you get people telling you the same thing?

@Jeff (96accord) - I'm at Ft. Meade. How about you?

@nismopowerdqg - I'm looking at an Intake, Cobb Access Port Tuner, and Exhaust.
If you need any prices on those parts let me know. I can get you some good prices on them.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I love the Red color, but majority of the folks I talk with tell me that my car is a cop magnet. Do you get people telling you the same thing?
Red is traditionally known as a cop magnet color.

I'm looking at an Intake, Cobb Access Port Tuner, and Exhaust.
Definitely go with the AEM. It's made by the same company that does SPT parts, used a dry filter so no MAF issues, and is a true cold air intake with the filter in the fender well. What are you thinking for exhaust? Full TBE or just an ABE to make some more noise? These cars are WAY too quiet stock IMHO! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts