ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
ACCESSPORT REV.1.2

As I understand it, in order to get the benefits of this rev. you have to re-flash your base map, using up one of the times you can do this. That isn't as bad as hooking up those connectors under the dash, and trying to disconnect them again.
I found that to be a real PITA!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,834 Posts
Yeah... I just reflashed the new maps to mine about an hour ago. Damn, those green connectors are hard to get unplugged with one hand! :mad:

I reflashed the Stage2 Base 1.20 and the Stage2 RT 1.20, just so I'd have the latest version of both. According to Cobb, they said that (these numbers probably aren't exact, but they're close) about 20% of the changes were to the basemap and 80% were to the realtime map. That's why I just switched both.

:wiggles:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,370 Posts
Fixxxer said:
Yeah... I just reflashed the new maps to mine about an hour ago. Damn, those green connectors are hard to get unplugged with one hand! :mad:

I reflashed the Stage2 Base 1.20 and the Stage2 RT 1.20, just so I'd have the latest version of both. According to Cobb, they said that (these numbers probably aren't exact, but they're close) about 20% of the changes were to the basemap and 80% were to the realtime map. That's why I just switched both.

:wiggles:
So are you running the base or the realtime map right now?Both?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,370 Posts
Fixxxer said:
Both. Since they said that they updated both and there were more updates the the RT than the base, I figured I'd go ahead and do both while I was at it. :)
So you flashed the new base map and your running it as a realtime map too???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Fixxxer said:
Yeah... I just reflashed the new maps to mine about an hour ago. Damn, those green connectors are hard to get unplugged with one hand! :mad:

I reflashed the Stage2 Base 1.20 and the Stage2 RT 1.20, just so I'd have the latest version of both. According to Cobb, they said that (these numbers probably aren't exact, but they're close) about 20% of the changes were to the basemap and 80% were to the realtime map. That's why I just switched both.

:wiggles:
I think you miss understood his point. For those who want to use a different base map and just install the new maps in RT, for example stock/valet/anti theft as a base map, you won't get the full benefit of the new map. You have to put in the new maps as base map, then you can run whatever RT map you like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,370 Posts
WRX03 said:
I think you miss understood his point. For those who want to use a different base map and just install the new maps in RT, for example stock/valet/anti theft as a base map, you won't get the full benefit of the new map. You have to put in the new maps as base map, then you can run whatever RT map you like.
No I understand that, but I was wondering what the benifet of running the same base map and realtime map at the same time was?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,834 Posts
cheeseybacon said:
Has anyone seen a difference in performance on the butt dyno when switching from the previous Stage 2 map to the latest revision, or is the rev limiter change the only mod?
I'd say that it seems a good bit smoother now. I guess I'll have to wait on it to learn some more before I can make a judgement on the power difference.


From Trey:

All new Stage1 and Stage2 mapping. There are for both a performance improvement and additional CEL defeats. I think they make a wise upgrade but you may want to back up your current map just in case you don't like the new one as much.

I'll be adding the map notes and updates for the other maps over the next several days and weeks. Just what has been updated thus far took me hours and hours and hours and there are still tons left not to mention actually developing NEW products so please bare with us.

...

I have made changes to all the updated maps that would benefit from a base map update. If you're not having CEL issues, then I'd say 80% of the updates are in the Real Time maps and the remaining 20% could only be performed with the base map change.

I'll leave it up to you guys. There's really no way for me to quantify how much you need the Base map change.

...

What I basically did is allow the ECU to do what it always had done but if there is a problem for only the specific CEL's I list, it has no ability to throw that code. It simply no longer exists in its memory banks.

Readiness will function just as it always has. I haven't touched any of that programming yet. If there is something that prevents the ECU from showing a readiness state, it will still do that with the new maps just as it will with stock maps.

And I only removed the CEL's listed in the docs. None of the major CEL's are touched or effected in any way.

Cheers,
Trey @ COBB Tuning

MAP NOTES
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top