ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm finally getting the urge to change my sound system from stock to something better. I can't stand my stock speakers any longer. My question is what size speakers are the fronts? I know they're some odd size but what are they? Secondly, is there anything I can do get the best results without having to drill new holes to fit different speakers? Or better yet, could you guys just list what you have for your systems? I'm curious :rolleyes:

Regards,
Corey

·
Registered
882 Posts
go to thezeb.com and get the 150 dollar CDTs. You won't be dissappointed. They are 6.5 inchs. You will need to get the spacers from iaperformance.com. oh and an amp to pump 90 watts to them. get an infiniti basslink for a sub.
the end nice beautiful and easy :p

iMP|2EZiONS said:
Ok, I'm finally getting the urge to change my sound system from stock to something better. I can't stand my stock speakers any longer. My question is what size speakers are the fronts? I know they're some odd size but what are they? Secondly, is there anything I can do get the best results without having to drill new holes to fit different speakers? Or better yet, could you guys just list what you have for your systems? I'm curious :rolleyes:

Regards,
Corey

·
ClubWRX.net Vendor
500 Posts
The front is a shallow 6 1/2" component, the rear are 4". You can accomodate a larger speaker without the spacer, using the method I've described in my MB Quart thread.

MB Quart Thread

Using this method, rather than a spacer leads to a much better mid and mid-bass response. Diamond Audio is also a popular component that a lot of people have asked me about.

In the end though, realize that a WRX is a noisy envirnment to begin with, so don't go overboard with the equipment. Get decent equipment, do proper installation, and pretty much anything can sound satisfying.

I'm a authorized dealer for pretty much every line. Let me know what you're looking for, and what your budget is, and I'll try to help you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts