Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im installing my new system on Friday and have a few questions...

I bought and installed a new head unit, Its a Pioneer Double Din receiver with XM!!!. (I was going to use my Stock head unit but my Best Good Friend F****ng didn't know how to load my cd's properly.)
So I have my Rca's and remote ran already. Tomorrow im installing My Amp, PPI PC 1400 4 gauge all the way to the trunk. Then my JL 10w7 is coming in the mail on Friday!! woo!!:D

so having this system installed im gonna have 600-700watts bridged into a 3 ohm load. (yes the speaker is a 3 ohm) Will my Stock alternator be able to charge my battery correctly or will i have to install a more powerful alternator.. I know a 1-2 farad cap will be necessary. The last system I installed was when solobaric's were Round =) Hehe yeah that's a long time. Please give my some horror stories or happy ones ill take either... but don't make them up!!!! :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
LOL alittle off topic but I was curious of what you thought about the new solos, I haven't heard any reviews of them yet.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sprocket said:
LOL alittle off topic but I was curious of what you thought about the new solos, I haven't heard any reviews of them yet.
Dude.... I went into my local sound shop and compared
(4 L7 solobarics 12") to ( 1 JL 10w7 ) I was floored!!
The weight on that 10w7 is 45lbs just for the speaker.
I think you can pick up Solobarics for like $149-$200 each...
This JL 10w7 is like $500 each.. I know its a lot of money but I have never heard a 10" speaker hit so Hard and Tight.
(That didn’t sound too good :p )
only 1.25-1.375 cu ft of airspace is required so you can still have a trunk.
check out these pics

I hope this works =)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts