1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Those look nice, like the blue stripe. Cant wait to see a pic on the car

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
I'm intrigued, looking forward to pics on the car.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
finally got my rims on

here is a quick pic i took when i was heading into work. i painted the calipers red last year. do you think the red clashes too much? 2012-05-08_14-46-58_526.jpg

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
You know what. I was skeptical of these when you first posted them. They actually aren't bad.

I would definitely re-paint the calipers though. Black or blue.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im 50/50 on repainting them, i dont think i would do blue, ive seen blue calipers before and i just didnt like them, i was thinking of black with maybe subaru in white or red on the fronts. the way the 2006's had

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I'm a big fan of red calipers, but only when you have high quality, oversize calipers, not stock ones. To me when you paint stock "small" calipers red it looks like you're just trying too hard to make small stock brakes look like something they're not (performance calipers).

I think blue calipers look ricey and kind of dumb, especially on a blue car. Honestly any color that stands out is going to look a little silly since you've still got the stock calipers. Once you upgrade them to something a little better then maybe look at painting them so they're more noticeable. For now, painting them anything showy is just going to say "Hey look at my stock calipers (that look like any old OEM calipers you get on a Toyota or Honda or Hyundai or Chevy or <insert lots more generic cheap car names>!"

Just paint them black. Putting white lettering on them is going to be hard since they have such a small area that's flat. If I were you and really wanted to write something on them, I'd look on ebay for some "Subaru" or similar simple stickers and put them on there and then clear coat over them (with high temp brake clear coat).

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
oh...and since no one else has yet...

They are WHEELS not rims

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Moved and merged.