Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its a chunk of lapis lazuli from the earth, dug up, cut into shape, polished, and then turned into a shift knob. i found a guy in texas that makes gemstone shift knobs for old show cars and trucks. he did an excellent job imho.

Car Vehicle Gear shift Center console Auto part

Car Vehicle Family car Hatchback Honda

· Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have grown to really love shift knobs that are "spherical," it looks awesome, although I do wish they would have done something better than a nut at the bottom of it.
well i put it on myself lol. there has to be a nut there otherwise you cannot choose the orientation of the knob. i wanted to align it a very specific way. also the threads are just held in by epoxy so it cannot hold a lot of torque, it was ither that or use threadlock, and since i am prob going to be doing more work to the shifter in the future i wanted it to be easily removable.

· Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
That’s is a pretty awesome knob. Is there a particular reason you chose the sphere shape?
tbh i never really did choose a sphere, the guy never asked what shape i wanted and i never told him any shape lol. i knew i wanted lapis and i think it looks really good as a sphere, and as dorsodurojohn said it looks like a planet, witch is very cool to me as well. the pictures dont really show it, but there is a lot of pyrite on it, witch is fools gold, so it really sparkles in the sunlight at certain angles. i guess that could look like land mass if you use your imagination. so you could say the sphere chose me :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.