ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I just bought myself a 2005 Saab 9-2x Aero in Satin Gray Metallic. I'm so excited about it, I've been a car enthusiast since elementary school, but ever since I got my license, I've been saddled with driving an old SUV around. Not anymore thankfully, and I can't wait to start modding it. It came with summer tires already on, so my first mod is going to be new wheels (for next spring) and some winter/all seasons to go on the current wheels. Hopefully the weather will be good to me here in Rhode Island and hold off on the snow before I can change the tires.

I look forward to contributing more around here, hopefully owning a Saabaru won't make me the black sheep :tongue:

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,220 Posts
Those are nice, I've always like them. They have better chassis components than the equivalent Subaru wagons too, in the front end.

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
Not a Saab fan. That said ... I never considered the 9-2x a Saab anyway, just a Subaru WRX dressed differently. I look forward to hearing your impressions of the car as you go along.

Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Awesome! If they would have ever made a sedan Saabaru 92x... I would've bought one in a heart beat.

Those are cool :D

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Gah, I was all lined up to buy a Saab-aru last year, but someone beat me to it by an hour.

Congrats, and welcome to the club! No hate for the 9-2X, don't worry.

Sent from my Droid 2

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Club! :wave:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I'm glad to finally be able to be an active part of an enthusiast community. To answer one of the questions earlier, it came with all three packages (cold weather, sport, and premium?) and stickered for around $32k new. I managed to get a really good deal on it, it has 68,000 miles and just had a huge amount of suspension maintenance done. For $7,995 I couldn't be happier, no car payments for grad school and now I have plenty of money for mods.

It is my first car with a manual transmission, so having my friend tomorrow should be a fun experience. It's weird to be nervous about driving again.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Congrats on the new car! I'm personally not really a fan of Saabs, though they used to make a very interesting looking car. :)

It came with summer tires already on, so my first mod is going to be new wheels (for next spring) and some winter/all seasons to go on the current wheels.
I'm confused. Are you going to get all seasons or winter tires?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome and Congrats!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats on the new car! I'm personally not really a fan of Saabs, though they used to make a very interesting looking car. :)

I'm confused. Are you going to get all seasons or winter tires?
What I meant by that is I will buy either all seasons or snow tires, whichever is cheaper (I really don't need dedicated snow tires because the snow gets removed here in the city almost immediately) for the current wheels, and then use the summer tires currently on the car for when I get new wheels.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Where in RI are you? I used to live in North Attleboro before I moved to CO, and worked at the CVS HQ in Woonsocket.

I know what you mean about the snow there. Because all of RI is so close to the ocean, the snow tends to be wet and slushy and melts fast on city streets.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where in RI are you? I used to live in North Attleboro before I moved to CO, and worked at the CVS HQ in Woonsocket.

I know what you mean about the snow there. Because all of RI is so close to the ocean, the snow tends to be wet and slushy and melts fast on city streets.
I'm from Smithfield (ten minutes from North Attleboro at most) but currently reside in Providence. I wish there was a better enthusiast community around here, but alas on 95 today as I was coming back from buying the car, I passed a 2nd generation Eclipse GS with a fart can, a Sentra with a fart can, and most amusingly, a Tc with a "V6" fender badge and Evo style
"vortex generators".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll try and get some up; probably the best quality camera I have is the one on my Droid Bionic, so they might not be great.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts