ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMAG0084.jpg

I've been obsessing about this car for a year. I decided to buy one with my signing bonus when I switched jobs last November. But I thought I'd wait until July, when hopefully prices would be lower, and the CA sales tax would drop. That turned out to be a mistake, due to poor availability of cars following the tsunami. I eventually found a dealer who was willing to order me a '12 at a reasonable price when they became available. That turned out to be only this month, and I didn't want to wait any more. Luckily, the first '12s started showing up around the same time. I had to get some options I didn't care about, but the price was still pretty good. Picked it up last weekend.

2012 WRX Limited Hatch
STS
Homelink Mirror
Bumper cover
Security shock sensor
Also picked up roof bars.

Loving the car so far, although it's tough waiting for the odometer to hit 1000.

In the near future, I plan to do:
Tint windows and tails
Clear Bra
Likely replace head unit with Clarion CX501
Debadge
Winter wheels and tires

Exhaust and suspension mods TBD once I've driven the car for a while.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,452 Posts
Congrats!

Sorry but in July I saw the registration fees in CA increase, and the sales tax remained constant I thought?

Anyway, enjoy the car.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Congrats on the car!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where I live, we drive to the snow. But, yeah, I'll definitely get tires before I go up there. I have another awd vehicle, also.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
What is a security shock sensor?
It is an addition to the stock car alarm.In theory it senses movement of the car & the alarm goes off if someone hits the car.I'm not sure if the the sensitivity on the stock sensor can be adjusted.But aftermarket systems can be adjusted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts