ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've had my car for barely two weeks now, and apparently friday night sometime it got keyed. it's about a foot and a half long scratch above the gas tank. :mad:

idoes anyone know of any product of sort that might help. it looks fairly deep, but maybe something could lessen th obviousness of it.

:mad:

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
there are those paint pens, i don't remeber who makes them, but you can get them in about any automotive color at places like autozone or something like that. i hate people who get jealous of our cars:mad:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
if you want the real process...get your color paint from the subie dealer. Paint it on carefully only on the scratch..wait till it dries. Get some 1000 grit sandpaper. WET SAND it down until its flush with the rest of the paint. This will leave swirl marks in the paint. NOW use the 3m swirl mark remover, and then the 3m hand glaze after that it will look like new i promise.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Whats your comp deductible? If its like $100 its almost worth filing a police report and claiming it.

This is one thing that pisses me off.

The 95 tbird I just traded in got keyed really bad a few years back. From the back taillight to the front corner lens. And it was a groove to the metal not just a scratch in the paint. Touch up paint didnt even make it less obvious. I never felt the same about the car after that.

I will never understand why people do that. Most likely its some punk who has no idea what its like to actually pay for a car.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just got my car and I start school in a month. I fear parking my car there because kids dont know how much you actually paid for it, or they think that their parents bought it. Even so, respect what their parents paid!!! I pray to god, no one messes with my car. My buddy has a very tricked out Tacoma that the doesnt even drive to school cause he knows that kids will mess with it. I know of 5 people just off of my head who had their cars keyed. I cant believe peopel would do such a thing

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
upon closer inspection this morning, this scratch is completely through to the metal.

i'm going to call the dealer tomorrow to see what he suggests.

i think i may end up filing a report.

this whole ordeal just sucks. :(

·
Registered
799 Posts
sorry bout the situation. jealous people suck.

check with your insurance company. this will get covered under your comprehensive coverage and not your collision. some compays give you 1 freebee meaning no deductable.
I used that to fix damage done by a friggin deer! $2200 all paid for by Allstate.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
if its to the metal, bodyshop is the only way.:( . How much is your deductible? If its less than the quote for repair.. do it. Then never park your car in the same place;) . They usually do it again once they see the repair to rub salt into your wound.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I feel your pain, someone keyed my Rex last year, on just about every panel on the car except for the hood and roof...2800 to fix and repaint. Yeah, thats cause I live in NJ...

I speculate at a body shop a few hundred, try to pay cash...

good luck.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Go to the Tutorial or DIY section, forget which. There's a whole thread on how to get out scratches that are down to the metal with a few hours work and not much $$. If you feel comfortable doing it, it would save you a lot of time, money, and hassle.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I feel your pain man. I had my car keyed on one occasion from the passenger front fender all the way down the side to the rear fender over the gas tank lid. A couple weeks later I was keyed again, and it went over the length of the trunk to the rear passenger fender. The marks were down to the metal and I had no choice, but to have it worked on by a body shop. Insurance kicked in even though I did not file a police report. I would file one to be safe. The whole job was about $1,400 + $200 for my body kit. Hell of a deal and a nice job too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts