1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All timers are 80wx20hx80x (mm)

ASTTX - MSRP $105 USD
-Automatic Timer with liquid crystal display
-Change background color, 3 colors to change from(orange, red, green)
-displays voltage, temp, lap times, battery duty, etc

FATTX - MSRP $80 USD
-same functions as previoius FATT and a few new ones
-now with the 3 color changing options
-I think there's a clock function too

DTTX - MSRP $130 USD
-same functions as previous DTT DC2 and a few new ones
-3 color choices for LED again
-clock function? not sure on the translation

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Updated up top!

Nexus6 said:
you need to give details on differences between these three..

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
Please forgive me for asking an ignorant question, but.. what exactly do these do? Record drag times or something?? I really don't know.. :confused:

·
Registered
907 Posts
they cool the turbo down after you turn your engine off basically. SOA says its unnessesary. Im just used to having em on my previous turbo cars..

·
Registered
878 Posts
Nexus6 said:
they cool the turbo down after you turn your engine off basically. SOA says its unnessesary. Im just used to having em on my previous turbo cars..
Well, thats mostly correct. Basically after you take the key out of the ignition, it keeps your engine running at idle for 30-60 seconds or so to help cool down the turbo. After those 30-60 seconds, it will turn off the engine automatically. The benefits are that it could possibly increase the life of the turbo, but its debatable. They are pretty cheap ~$100 or so for a decent one, good investment in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
206WRX_GDA:

Can you get dimensions on those? I'd like to get one for the green color (to match everything else), but I already have an HKS type-0 mounted in the slot next to my cupholder. I'd put it in the hole I already Dremelled. Is it bigger or smaller?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey Rez! The dimensions are in the first post man!!!:p

djrez4 said:
206WRX_GDA:

Can you get dimensions on those? I'd like to get one for the green color (to match everything else), but I already have an HKS type-0 mounted in the slot next to my cupholder. I'd put it in the hole I already Dremelled. Is it bigger or smaller?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Are these things better in any way than the current generation of Blitz TT's (not that I would replace my DTT DCII, it kicks butt)

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
206WRX_GDA said:
hey Rez! The dimensions are in the first post man!!!:p

Doh!!! :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Here's my .02 cents.

If you have an alarm on your car, you dont need to install the turbo timer because you cant arm your car while the engine is still running. Might as well save your money and sit in your car for 30 seconds.

Just a note!

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
There are ways around that little problem. My alarm works just fine while the timer is running. And with one more rewiring, the ignition cut will work as well.

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
Anyone know how long it should take the turbo to cool to a reasonable temp. after a pretty hard run? I try to let my car cool down most of the time anyway.. I can usually find stuff to do while waiting (organising things, etc.)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
yea, i usually cruise from wesminster, co to boulder at around 80mph which is around i think 3500rpm or so...give or take a bit. would that require me to have to sit and let the cool down after that? i never get into the 3000rpm or above after i exit the highway and head to my dorm...which is about 4 blocks down from the exit. So keeping that in mind would that require me to let the turbo "cool" off

·
Registered
6 Posts
djrez4 said:
There are ways around that little problem. My alarm works just fine while the timer is running. And with one more rewiring, the ignition cut will work as well.

"And with one more rewiring, the ignition cut will work as well."

Can you explain this please? I have the HKS Type 1 timer and cut the alarm wire. Did you find a way to turn off the alarm with the key? Like if you lost your remote or batt died. I thought I read that if your remote batt died you were pretty much screwed until you disco the battery.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Addicted2BoOST said:

"And with one more rewiring, the ignition cut will work as well."

Can you explain this please? I have the HKS Type 1 timer and cut the alarm wire. Did you find a way to turn off the alarm with the key? Like if you lost your remote or batt died. I thought I read that if your remote batt died you were pretty much screwed until you disco the battery.
If you're talking about the stock alarm, if you put your key in the ignition and cycle it back and forth to ON (but not far enough to make the engine turn over) 3 times in rhythm, the stock alarm will turn off. It's in the manual :)

I had to do this a few times... :( :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts