ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Turn in Concepts has a similar kit (Klunk Killer) that does the same thing. I've heard good things about that one. Cant speak for the Perrin one.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Eh.....how bad does the clunk bother you? My advice (based on my own experiences driving every model year out there except 08) is to change the way you drive to minimize the clunk. I know sometimes it just happens....even when you're granny shifting. Knowing that; however, you can mitigate the severity of the clunk and go a bit easier on your car.

If you wanted to know whether or not it will work, the answer is yes. Whether or not I would spend my money on it: No.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I plan on getting one or the other soon. The clunk is annoying.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I didnt look very hard (been drinking).

Yeah, I know a guy here with an 04 STi (like me) who swears by the kit. Of course he has a rotated turbo kit, lowing springs, blah blah blah. Noise and vibrations werent a concern for him.

I'm sure the Perrin kit has the same deal. It would have to, to be effective.

Good luck!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well after some research, it seems the noise is noticeable going 60mph steady and higher with "Unabomber's Sexy Rearend kit" LOL just a funny name. Anyway some of the guys at nasioc.com and even whiteline themselves recommended for daily driving just the TIC Killer clunk instead of "Unabomber's Sexy Rearend kit" So I'll probably go for that. If you do happen to pick up the kit before me Tom let me know and I'll do the same.

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
Eh....I bought the Lockout Kit but after it came decided it was a lot of work to install all the bushings so I just put in the lockout bolts.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eh....I bought the Lockout Kit but after it came decided it was a lot of work to install all the bushings so I just put in the lockout bolts.
I see, any difference even with just the bolts? Any annoying noises? What part of Norcal are you from? I live up in Hayward.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i would get the Klunk Killer kit

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
I see, any difference even with just the bolts? Any annoying noises? What part of Norcal are you from? I live up in Hayward.
Im in Sac. I suppose it did stiffen it up a bit, but my biggest difference was interior noise as I did some tranny bushings at the same time.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How bad was it? What kind of noises were you experiencing? Sorry just need to know full details to what I'm getting into.

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
How bad was it? What kind of noises were you experiencing? Sorry just need to know full details to what I'm getting into.

Its hard to say that just one product did it, but my car is very noisy inside, but soon to not be so. I have full urethane tranny bushings, rear lockout bolts, Full TB exhaust, Kuhmo ASX tires etc.

I have just about every rattle listed on the site including:

The Vin plate rattle
The seat belt rattle
Pass side door panel rattle
cluster rattle
etc.

I will be buying Raamatt very soon.

·
Not Asian
1,069 Posts
I was doing research on these type of mods a while back. Haven't invested in anything yet because I need a spring time project. The guys in the suspension forum are a great resource for this stuff. What I got out of it was that the bushings were cheap enough to be worth putting in and improved response. The subframe lockout will definitely cause more vibration and resonance because road noise is going to transfer more easily through the frame. And you'll also need to get an alignment after locking the subframe.

That being said there were a few guys that said it was just worth the bushings. I, myself, will probably just work through all the bushings (rear diff, subframe, shifter, and steering rack) and then consider the locks an afterthought.

Just depends on what's more important, eliminating the clunk, or cockpit vibration / noise.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts