Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

http://www.vishnutuning.com/xede.htm

well, looks like Utec to me....

The XEDE is the only fully-mappable user-programmable engine control system that works in collaboration with the factory (and even our re-mapped) ECU at all times. This revolutionary approach retains all OEM safety features and sophisticated learning abilities while giving the user the tuning means to extract maximum power without sacrificing drivability or long-term safety margin.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Mmmmm....looks tasty :D

·
Registered
699 Posts
XMAP Full-Functional Tuning Software
Allows user to create new, or modify existing, XEDE tuning maps. Only recommended for those who want to tune and understand the consequences of improper engine management calibration.
what??? wait are they discouraging people from tuning their own ecu? This seemed like one of the best features and it's an extra $100.... this puts it near utec territory if you have to pay for the software...

·
1,263 Posts
Could be interesting - it is really the first competitor for the UTEC. prices may drop.....
I am interested that the tuning software licence is an 'extra'.

Cheers,

Andrew

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi guys,

The first batch of XEDES will be shipping out early February and I'm sure folks will post up their impressions on it. We hope everyone will be happy with its performance and ease-of-use. We've spend considerable time getting the system developed for our needs. Fortunately, our recently aquired ability to examine stock ECU calibration maps has made the XEDE testing and development process a lot easier than it could have been.

As for the $100 software license, it's not meant to discourage users from tuning. We were initially going to offer the XEDE at $895 with the tuning software included. But our final decision allows those who don't want to tune themselves to get involed at a lower price. These folks can either run their cars off of our supplied baseline maps or try maps that were generated from other users with the tuning software. The software package is quite extraordinary and I think Rhys has done an excellent job with it. He certainly needs to get compensated for his efforst :)

Cheers,
shiv

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
So Shiv - how do we get on the waiting list? :D

·
Registered
699 Posts
well, it sounds great and the software looks good too. I guess i'll be saving up for one of these or the utec. The recent competition ecutec, xede, utec is good for the market

·
Registered
0 Posts
Re: SHIV!!!

ReXoRaMa said:
Shiv please check your PM's. I have questions I need answered regarding this product.
Why not ask product questions here and have them answered here so that we all might benefit from the information? :confused:
-----------

Being that Vishnu is less then 2 hours from me, I figured when the time came, I would drive up there and have them tweak my ECU via ECUTEK. How does this new product compare in functionality to an ECU reflash? I know that I would be able to tune it myself via laptop... but I don't really see me tweaking with it much as long as I have a good map to start with, like I would with an ECU reflash. Does it control the same parameters.. or does it serve a separate additional purpose? ECUTEK or XEDE.. gonna cost me $800-900 either way... which way should I go?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: Re: SHIV!!!

Racenut3.0 said:
Why not ask product questions here and have them answered here so that we all might benefit from the information? :confused:
-----------

Because I don't need anyone telling me what I should and shouldn't do. Nothing I asked was technical anyway. I just posted here to get his attention since this thread was his most recent.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
That my friend, is the $64,000 question.

Thoughts?

I have played with the UTEC before - so I am partial to it. The XEDE does look intriguing however, especially at a lower price point (by $100!)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
give me both and i'll find out!

·
2,210 Posts
Verdugo said:
Wow, it sure does, but it's also cheaper than the UTEC...
Not necessarily. The introductory pricing on the UTEc was $750, and $999 thereafter. The pricing on the Xede is $795 + $100 and is also quoted as being 'introductory'.

Just thought I would point that out. ;)

Some noteworthy points:

1. Can redefine the ECU open-loop changeover point.
- Versus UTec where ECU changeover is static. The UTec changeover point can be configured but tuning below the ECU open-loop changeover point is futile because the ECU will always correct to ~14.7:1

2. Can define own load and RPM breakpoints. 20x20 tuning resolution.
- Versus UTec static load and RPM breakpoints. 36x11 tuning resolution.

3. User definable load reference variables; TPS, MAP, or MAF.
- Versus UTec MAP load reference for fuel/timing. TPS load reference for boost.

4. Internal storage for 12 maps.
- Versus UTec internal storage for 5 maps.

5. Map select to change to one of two maps.
- Versus UTec map select to change to one of seven maps.

6. No mention of control of auxilliary solenoids.
- Versus UTec solenoid control based upon a number of configurable variables (RPMs, TPS, IAT, etc)

7. No mention of closed-loop boost control.
- Versus UTec closed or open loop boost.

8. Proprietary software interface required to tune ($100)
- Versus UTec generic terminal emulator interface.

Just some casual observations. :)

-Pace

·
2,210 Posts
Re: Boost control

ReXoRaMa said:
Shiv, I've read all about ti on your website but what I failed to find was does it control boost or do you need a MBC?
It implies this is possible by saying that boost mapping was not possible in previous piggy-back solutions, but it does not explicitly state that the Xede can map boost. I suspect it can.

-Pace

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
pace said:
Not necessarily. The introductory pricing on the UTEc was $750, and $999 thereafter. The pricing on the Xede is $795 + $100 and is also quoted as being 'introductory'.

Just thought I would point that out. ;)
Good point, I totally forgot about the introductory pricing :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts