ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just updated my website with pics of the shop and the first "customer" car (KanosWRX).

If you are still seeing the muddy picture on the index page, you need to refresh or reload the page.

Check it out.

I'll be adding even more installation pics soon.

-Jim

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
thats pretty cool... i would love to open a shop myself... been wanting to do it for like 5 years! now the only shop I can open would be an internet shop selling parts, but even that might take too much time. the money part is for the most part spoken for... as you know this car aint cheap.
anyways, good luck with that... i am envious.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Sonic. The amount of work involved in even a small venture like my shop is UNBELIEVABLE. Dan at Godspeed worked over 60 hours a week when he first opened his shop, but now he reaps the benefits. I didn't want to go that far with my shop, so I work by appointment only on the weekends (when I'm not racing of course).

-Jim

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
yeah i agree, you need to start somewhere...

thats why with my dream of opening a shop gone, i decided to at least start selling parts on the net. (cheaper cuz I dont have to pay for a shop) but even this dream is on hold. ah well, maybe someday... only thing car related I am doing are monthly car meets which we make maybe $40 bucks and give away like $1000 worth of stuff. (mostly from sponsors)

thats how it is with businesses though... you either do good and earn a great living or you fail miserably and lose money.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Bravo and good luck in the future, Jim!

It's been my experience that in the auto business - all one needs to do is love what they're doing, love the product that they specialize in and HONESTY has to be key. You seem to have all 3 of those qualities in spades.

No worries, Mate! :)

Aloha,
Richard...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Pretty cool Jim. Your living out my dream too. I've been trying to get my 2 brothers into opening a shop with me where we could do it all. They're both OldSchool Car guys, and I like the new stuff, but I'm warming them up to the newer car performance. I keep telling them that we have like 4 or 5 showcase cars between us that each of us has built-up. They're both ASE certified (not that we'd want to be doing Midas work...but the certs. help get loans rolling!) but they keep throwing excuses in there when ever I bring it up.

Congrats on your new adventure, and I hope you stick around here too. Too bad your on the other side of the country than me.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
smooth.

Nissan too? How far are you guys from Savannah Georgia? I might have to pimp on up there one of these days in my brand new WRX (or STI).

-Jae-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts