Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ClubWRX.net Vendor
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes this works on the 02, the 03, and the 04 WRX including the STi.

Only computerized, active CEL solution compatible for 2004 STi! Off-road use only. Fully eliminates P0420 CEL code. Perfect after installation of a downpipe -- also features and LED to let you know the unit is working. FREE SHIPPING!

http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx/electronics/perrin_o2sim.htm
to order $72 Shipped
Just released, so get them while they are in stock.

Perrin Springs and Exhaust are also in stock again!

·
ClubWRX.net Vendor
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
install

I do not have a picture yet, hopefully later on this week, but to install you take off your top mount (if you have one) and you can reach the signal wires for the rear 02 sensor there, that is where you wire it into the system, and you can turn the accessories on in the car (don't start the car) with the intercooler still off and the led on the CEL fix will light up if it is install correctly and working. Not a tough install except for soldering three wires but that is better than a check engine light.

·
Registered
169 Posts
A couple questions. My rear O2 cel fix is passive(ponyexpress) which means when a OBD scan is performed(emissions test) it shows the sensor is deactivated and "not ready". = Failed emissions test. Does the Perrin fix show up on the OBD scan test as "O.K, pass". Ready and functioning properly. This is very important and will purchase if so.

Thanks

·
ClubWRX.net Vendor
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cel

The perrin Cel fix is not passive it reads the O2 sensors signal and will modify it to adjust the signal to be okay and not set off the CEL the passive CEL fixes give off a constant signal so it would read the sensor as not working. I called Perrin and they said you should not get the deactivated signal you should be fine and pass your emissions test.

·
Registered
18 Posts
R u sure that it will let the ecu read a signal....i'd be really pissed if it doesn't and i fail after spending that much for a "resistor"

all the other ones stay in not ready mode.....so that would be cool if it really works that way

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.