ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone my names Alex, Im new here and wanted some imput.

I am wanting more power out my stock car and was wondering the cheapest and safest way of going about this. I have done some research and found that on AMR's site they have a Stage 1 kit that says it will give you a 20% increase in hp and tq. Im guessing flywheel #'s? This is with just an accessport and cai. It comes with cobb $595 and the AMR CAI $299. The price for this kit is $1099, so the map for this tune then is $200 left over?

Or would I be better off just getting the cobb and a dp to reach the minimum for the Stage 2 cobb map (free :)). If this is the case which is the best dp?

Also I have heard that the 08's have serious need for an upgrade in handling and braking. Is this true? If so what would be the best kit in this category.

I know alot of questions to process but any help is much appriciated, and also if any members think of any other performance parts that would make a big difference let me know. Thanks in advance :thumbup:

·
Sammich Makin' Pwincess
13,124 Posts
i would never buy a pre-made power package. you can get parts used or find them online separately a lot cheaper. [especially from vendors & what not]

i would say if youre looking for power, go with a stage 2 set up. you dont HAVE to get an accessport though. there are many other options.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would never buy a pre-made power package. you can get parts used or find them online separately a lot cheaper. [especially from vendors & what not]

i would say if youre looking for power, go with a stage 2 set up. you dont HAVE to get an accessport though. there are many other options.
So what are the other options to accessport and their costs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a minor correction, it's a VF52 not 48. Also I'd get TBE + tune before doing a turbo swap.
With a VF52 turbo swap is it just a drop in and new map, or do you need a top mount intercooler as well as other parts to make it work? Also can you then run the 2009 maps because essientially the turbo is the only difference between 08 and 09 right?

·
Sammich Makin' Pwincess
13,124 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts