ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already posted these same questions in the newbie thread but I thought this might be a better place for this post.

I just got my car on Wednesday (2/22/2012) and am loving it! I posted pictures in the gallery.

I need some more advice ASAP! What do you guys think of the "acid rain sealant" and "fabric protector"? They have a package deal of $299 for both until the end of February. I know I can technically buy the spray for the interior and do it myself but the price only works for the package.
Any thoughts on the "rust inhibitor" and "underbody protector"? I can do all four of these for $499. Worth it?

Thanks in advance for your replies and help!
~Chris

·
Registered
60 Posts
Seeing that you're I'm Cleveland the under car protection may be a good thing. What with snow and salt and the like. But acid rain sealant, that's called car wax. So long as you clean you're car regularly and put on a coat of wax a few times a year it should be fine.
As for the interior, so long as you're careful about food and drinks. My interior is 5 years old an still looks brand new, minus the floor mats. Which I consider expendable.
Oh and congrats on the new ride! Hope she treats you right!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks nomorx7! Good suggestion. I have a 1 1/2 year old daughter who will be in the car sometimes.. but she will only have water (Nothing else!) to spill. Yea, I agree waxing your own car is much cheaper LOL. The rust inhibitor is supposed to last a bit longer than the 5 year that is already on the car. Any thoughts on that? I agree the "underbody protector" might be a good idea even though this winter has been pretty mild so far. Thanks again!

·
Registered
60 Posts
We've had a mild winter here in Northern Illinois too. Save for last night where we got 6 inches lol. But none the less salt has been out there. A little bit of wet and a lot of cold always equals ice, and salt on the roads. So anything you can do to protect your underside from the corrosive elements is a good thing.
Especially when you go to mod your suspension and don't have to fight as much with rusted bolts. Glad I could help and welcome to forum. Saw your intro and I feel you'll fit in here great.
Cheers, Trent.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Acid rain sealer? Wash your car regularly, dry with microsoft towels or a blower, and wax several times a year. Fabric protector? Buy a couple of cans and do it yourself for less than $15. Rust inhibitor? Do you intend to keep your car longer than the rust-through warranty? If so, how much longer is the rust inhibitor guaranteed for? Generally speaking, these items are high dollar return add-ons for the dealer with little cost on the dealer's part. They are generally regarded as rip-offs by most consumer agencies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts