Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
こんにちは! メリークリスマス!
My name is Fred and I'm a proud owner of a 2017 WRX. First Subaru I've owned so far! Fell in love with how it drove when I was back in Japan and decided that the WRX is what I want for sure. Nice to meet you all, hope to see someone of guys in meets and on the forums!

By far one of the funiest cars I have ever driven! ^_^ Land vehicle Vehicle Car Subaru Rim Land vehicle Vehicle Car White Rim Land vehicle Vehicle Car Subaru Subaru

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yeah it's a fun car for sure! Love the new rims btw...

I have an ISM too. It's interesting how it can look so edgy and aggressive from certain angles, and more conventional from others. IMO little things like rims and black accents (front lip, mudflaps, etc.) really set this color off. I'm planning to upgrade a little when the weather warms up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I totally agree, it really shows off the angles and lines on the car. I was about to get the lapis blue until last minute decision where I thought going with a silver car will make the car stand out more. Plus it hides swirls and dirty easy. :p

·
Registered
586 Posts
I was looking for lapis blue or DGM (same color as my previous WRX) before I came across the ISM, which was too good a deal to pass up. There's no doubt they show dirt much less than any other color.

We had a tiny bit of snow a few days ago but a lot of salt and road spray, which barely showed except on the rear. Then it rained today and cleaned everything off, and it looks like it was just washed!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Dr. Jeff!

I bought a '17 exactly like yours. I love mine. Anyhow, I noticed we both have identical 18" rims. I live in NE PA and the summer stock tire are absolutely awful in snow. So I checked around and they don't make a good 18" snow tire for those rims. I had to go to Tire Rack and buy the complete rim/tire kit. It's a huge traction difference and the 17" rims ride better. I may stick with the 17" rims forever. They are that much smoother. Anyway--just my 2 cents worth. I'm looking for other people on this forum who have done this. Nice talking with you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts