Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whatzup! I just joined! I currently own a Ford Probe V6, and a 2000 Dodge Durango! Another Probe owner with a WRX also told me about this place so I thought that I would check it out! I don't have my WRX, YET. But I will be trading my 2000 Durango in for one very soon here. I joined the club to get some good ideas for modifications before I actually recieve tha car. I test drove the WRX, TWICE, and I'm HOOKED. I just could not believe how well it handled compared to my front runner. It was a little sluggish off the line compared to my Probe V6, but that changed very quickly when the boost kicked in. You all watch out! When I get my WRX I am going to DOMINATE! MUHAHAHAHA! Anyways, peace out!

Marc
2000 Dodge Durango V8 - Soon to be 02' WRX
1990 Ford Probe V6

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello Mac,

Welcome to clubwrx.net! Don't be so anxius to fix up your scooby right when you get it. I always like to mod my car slowly so I can feel where the money is going u know?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know what you mean. That's how I've modified my Probe. First was the K&N panel filter, then a few months later came the cat-back, then a year or so later I moved up to a cone filter, and next I'm going to get some new plug wires, and on Monday I am going to install some stage 5 racing heads, and a ported and polished intake manifold along with a phenolic spacer! Sooooooo, by the time those get done I'm hoping to be in the 14's. Not bad for N/A eh?

I know what you mean though, if you mod everything all at once, you wonder which mod did what?

Also, I don't want to void the warranty too quickly, and if I do I want to make sure that it's a modification that won't cause any damage... actually most modifications such as intakes/exhaust/plug wires, etc. are BETTER for the engine. All that restriction can cause stress on the engine.. wow, I'm babbling.. laters!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts