ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all just introducing myself. i do not own a WRX yet but i will be ordering a 2012 wrx wr blue limited hatch with nav, subwoofer. so i will be here reading up on alot. just one question i have i thought was weird. Do these cars auto lock as you start driving? i drove one and it didnt a 2012 mind you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Welcome.

I'm not positive on the auto-lock.

Also, one thing you may read alot as you research, the subwoofer offered by Subaru is not worth it as many of the people who got it say. you can spend money on an aftermarket system that will please you much more.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My 2011 does not auto-lock when I get into the car. You gotta do that manually like most other things in the car :p (ex: seat positioning is not auto)

Welcome sir !

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 2012 hatch doesn't not have auto-lock. (thank god)

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 2012 hatch does not have auto-lock. (thank god)

·
Æternum
20,599 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the pending purchase! :)

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Congratulations.

And no,they do not auto lock even when you start driving.It is a little annoying for me since I have been used to the auto lock feature in my other car(locks after 5 secs when the wheels start spinning).And I always forget to lock the doors now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congratulations.

And no,they do not auto lock even when you start driving.It is a little annoying for me since I have been used to the auto lock feature in my other car(locks after 5 secs when the wheels start spinning).And I always forget to lock the doors now.
It's funny because I actually hate the auto-lock feature on vehicles. I always forget to unlock the doors. Lol

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
It's funny because I actually hate the auto-lock feature on vehicles. I always forget to unlock the doors. Lol
Well in my other car,the driver's side door unlocks automatically once you put it in "Park".

It may be tougher to incorprate such a system in a manual unless it is wired in such a way as to unlock when you turn off the ignition.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
I had a Chitzubishi manual that automatically cut off when the engine quit. It sucked because I had an oil cooled turbo and I couldn't use a turbo timer because it'd unlock the driver door...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well in my other car,the driver's side door unlocks automatically once you put it in "Park".

It may be tougher to incorprate such a system in a manual unless it is wired in such a way as to unlock when you turn off the ignition.
The vehicle I owned (wife's car) didn't unlock until the key was removed from the ignition. I usually open my door then take the keys out. Used to piss me off. Sold that car. Lol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks guys super excited!!!! yeah it seemed weird to me about the auto lock, my speed 3 does it so i got in my friends 12 and i was like hmmm weird. I may skip on the sub then and get a custom one later on then. I am for sure getting the nav though . and ill just buy an accessport when i order it instead of a sub ^_^

1 - 16 of 16 Posts