ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up!
I just go my 02 bugeye I have been wanting for a while and I love it! It is perfect for here in Colorado.
I have a few questions in anyone can help me on??

1. When I get on it a little getting onto a highway I feel it pulling then it seems to lose it like it wants me to push the pedal more. My mechanic buddy that I bought it from said it has a #3 miss fire and we are doing the tune up this weekend so will that fix it or is it the turbo??

2. I am getting a after market header kit that comes with the up pipe. can I install this or do I have to have the matching after market down pipe at the same time?

Thanks For any help you can give!

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
1. If you have a misfire, park the car. You're only going to damage the vehicle if you continue to drive it. A tune up might fix it, it may not. Are there any modifications to this vehicle? How many miles are on it?

2. You can install it yourself, but you should get a tune for it right after you do so, otherwise your car will not perform optimally and you can actually damage your engine.

·
Æternum
20,571 Posts
The uppipe is preferrable but generally aftermarket headers are not. I'd install the uppipe but not the headers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is what my mechanic told me but there is no warning light code coming up when I drive it. He said the code is what he pulled up before i purchased it. It is stock with no mods but I just put a muffler on it for that nice boxer sound. It has 95k miles on it as of today.

Ok I will get a tune ASAP then. Since the car came from sea level and it now is at 8000ft should I get a tune for that or will the car adjust on its own?

Thanks!

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
That is what my mechanic told me but there is no warning light code coming up when I drive it. He said the code is what he pulled up before i purchased it. It is stock with no mods but I just put a muffler on it for that nice boxer sound. It has 95k miles on it as of today.

Ok I will get a tune ASAP then. Since the car came from sea level and it now is at 8000ft should I get a tune for that or will the car adjust on its own?

Thanks!
If you want it to "learn" on it's own you'll need to reset the ECU. Just disconnect that battery and pump the brakes ~10 times. A tune would definitely make your car run the best at that elevation, which is probably what is causing it to hesitate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you want it to "learn" on it's own you'll need to reset the ECU. Just disconnect that battery and pump the brakes ~10 times. A tune would definitely make your car run the best at that elevation, which is probably what is causing it to hesitate.
Wow I didnt know that, thanks for the help I will give that a try!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts