Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I finally decided to stop lurking and register for the forums. I just picked up my 3rd WRX, this time an STI by trading in my 19 WRX.

I was debating getting a truck, but the evening I was set to go look at and test drive one, I drove past 7 other WRX/STIs on my way home from work, waving with each one. There was no way I could make the change. Two days later, I managed to find my first STI, which is a 20' and could not be happier.

Best decision of my car life. Thank you to all that waved!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2010 Subaru WRX Limited Hatchback 5MT
202 Posts
Congrats, she's beautiful! Sounds like you were destined to get it.

Anything planned for it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all. I usually keep things stock engine wise, though it's going to be harder to resist on this one. I'm going to do the obligatory mud flaps, probably Rally Armor. Adding an intercooler grille (still figuring out which color), maybe some engine dress up. I'm also thinking about adding the Nameless Axel Back exhaust.

I used to be pretty obsesses with the WR Blue, but I got over it and now the Lapis is my favorite color.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm an idiot, what's G/100?
Gallons per 100 miles.

My WRX has apx 3.2G/100 miles, and the STi is 4.1 G/100 miles. That's an increase of 32% increase in fuel consumption, so to go 100k miles, you spend an extra $3,142 in gas cost over the "life" of the car (100k miles, yes I know they will go longer, but I believe 100k is considered the life of a car in some circles).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gallons per 100 miles.
Makes perfect sense. Yeah, I've already noticed the fuel economy hit. My WRX with the FA was actually pretty impressive for mpg. That said, the STI is worth every penny of extra fuel. I could never go back.

·
Registered
2021 WRX Premium MT
6 Posts
Hey everyone. I finally decided to stop lurking and register for the forums. I just picked up my 3rd WRX, this time an STI by trading in my 19 WRX.

I was debating getting a truck, but the evening I was set to go look at and test drive one, I drove past 7 other WRX/STIs on my way home from work, waving with each one. There was no way I could make the change. Two days later, I managed to find my first STI, which is a 20' and could not be happier.

View attachment 329836

View attachment 329837
Looks fantastic - congrats!

·
Registered
4 Posts

View attachment 329836

View attachment 329837

1 - 15 of 15 Posts