ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I'm new here and just recently picked up a 2010 WRX. The car did not have a turbo heat shield when I bought it so I picked up a Grimspeed one. After getting the two bolts in the upper portion installed I noticed that the bolt in the lower heat shield bracket was broken off. I'm having troubles getting it off so I can replace the bracket with the new one I ordered. Does anyone have any advice on what to do. The shield is rattling a little bit.

·
Premium Member
10,952 Posts
Drill the broken bolts out or leave the heat shield off. I'd actually inspect to make sure that the car is tuned for any modifications on it. A missing heat shield is day one sign of modifications.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I know I got a Catless downpipe catback invidia n1 exhaust and a Cobb intake. It's on the stage 2+ tune 93 octane now. To drill that bolt out I'd have to get the bracket out though right? I'm having trouble breaking the nut on the downpipe stud and the bolt in the block lose to remove the bracket. I have a new bracket I could install if I could remove the old one. Ultimately I could remove the shield but shouldn't I have one there?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts