ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I am a new member (but long time lurker) looking to order a car tomorrow. I know pretty much exactly what I want, a base model WRX hatch in WR Blue Pearl (I would consider Plasma Blue Pearl if the conditions were right). The only real options that I am considering are the exhaust finisher, spt turbo gauge, and body side molding. I am not set on any of the options, but most likely will try for the exhaust finisher and spt gauge.

I am actually going to be ordering the car through a Lexus salesman. My mom just bought a car from him last week (nice guy, good salesman) and he mentioned that since his dealership is part of a group which also owns a Subaru dealership (they are next to each other) he could probably get me a deal on a WRX as well.

He had to do a little leg work, to see what it would take to order the car and familiarize himself with the process, but he said he is all set to try to work out a deal tomorrow.

I have done my homework and pretty much know what I want the car for within a reasonable range. Based on the options I listed, and maybe optionless, what do you guys think I can get the car for? I will keep my thought to myself to keep from swaying the answer.

I will let you guys know how it goes, especially with the rather unique circumstances of ordering through a Lexus dealer. I am still not sure if this is going to be an advantage or disadvantage, but luckily there are other Subaru dealers in the area, and this guy has already dealt with my dad and knows that he doesn't take kindly to highballing.

Thanks for any insight or suggestions you guys can give, and the information that you have already given me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I ordered the car. Sticker was $26,941 and I got it for $26,000. I am pretty happy with the deal. It comes in right between what Edmunds and Truecar say I should be paying and didn't take much haggling at all.

I got it in WR Blue, base hatch, with boost gauge and exhaust finisher. Ordering through the Lexus salesman was no problem. We met at the Subaru dealership and just took an empty salesperson's desk.

All in all I am very happy. Now I just have to wait for the car to be delivered!

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Well I ordered the car. Sticker was $26,941 and I got it for $26,000. I am pretty happy with the deal. It comes in right between what Edmunds and Truecar say I should be paying and didn't take much haggling at all.

I got it in WR Blue, base hatch, with boost gauge and exhaust finisher. Ordering through the Lexus salesman was no problem. We met at the Subaru dealership and just took an empty salesperson's desk.

All in all I am very happy. Now I just have to wait for the car to be delivered!
Too much.You paid about a $1000 more.Which must be exactly how much he is making on the deal.Nice guy indeed.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty much all of the research that I have been doing points to that being a decent price. I certainly could have gotten lower if I played hardball or if I had gone with the ClubWRX deal in NJ, but for a local deal where they have to order the car I think I did pretty well.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
I ordered base wrx hatch with center arm rest for $24995.The finisher costs $165,boost gauge is about $200.So your actual cost would be around $25250.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True, but I think it would have been much more difficult to get the price down around that level, if possible at all. The whole reason I went with barely any options was the fact that I can install most anything that I would want myself, but I was willing to pay the premium for the finisher and gauge, as it was just simpler and I had the room in my budget.

To be honest, I was willing to pay a bit more than absolute rock bottom price due to the fact that the salesman had been good to my family before and I want to start a good relationship with this dealership. Considering this is the first time I have ever purchased a new car, I am happy getting nearly a grand off of sticker and within $750 of the supposed rock bottom price. Chalk it up to a learning expense.

·
Registered
12 Posts
True, but I think it would have been much more difficult to get the price down around that level, if possible at all. The whole reason I went with barely any options was the fact that I can install most anything that I would want myself, but I was willing to pay the premium for the finisher and gauge, as it was just simpler and I had the room in my budget.

To be honest, I was willing to pay a bit more than absolute rock bottom price due to the fact that the salesman had been good to my family before and I want to start a good relationship with this dealership. Considering this is the first time I have ever purchased a new car, I am happy getting nearly a grand off of sticker and within $750 of the supposed rock bottom price. Chalk it up to a learning expense.
Dont let someone elses negativity bring you down, you did ok. There is always going to be someone who, got the best deal etc. You bought from someone you guys have done business with before, not a bad idea at all. One thing that gets overlooked, you can be the tough guy, drive all over town and get your car from a dealer 3 hours away because he gave you a couple hundred more discount... What happens if there is a problem? Do you want to call the dealer who didnt make any money on you, thats three hours away, and probably doesnt remember you? Or do you want a dealer you know, that values your families business, and will bend over backwards to make sure you are happy?? I know which one I would pick, buying a car is not always about the price.

Two things people lie about most in life, how little they paid for their car, and how much they paid for their house. :beerchug:

·
Registered
105 Posts
well I have an order pending and with picks later I can make this post fact lol ....anyway.. I ordered a base sedan w/fogs,spt exhaust, and all weather mats...MSRP seems to be above dealer invoice $1900-$2400 . At 2.9% is available if you have an above 700+ credit score. Im trading in an 08 premium wrx w/nav that needs a replacement windshield so my equity sits at about $1000. well after all said and done with 2.9%apr the options listed above and GAP insurance on a 72mos loan, my payments are $391. my friend is a finance manager and i'm really not sure if I'm getting a deal or not but I'm happy. if you can get $1000-$1500 below sticker i would say that's good IMO. haggle with these guys the more they sale the better their dealers allocations are...so believe it or not you have the upper hand ultimately. Good Luck

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do have a 700+ credit score, but as a graduating student it is not based on much history, so the dealership said they could do around 3.9 APR. I am going to shop around at local banks and credit unions before I take dealership financing. One thing I am not sure that I mentioned in this thread is that I actually got a $200 dealer loyalty rebate later in the afternoon after I ordered the car, due to my mom picking up a car from the same family of dealerships later that same day. That brought my purchase price down to $25,800, or just about $1,100 under sticker and $100 over invoice. It is not the best deal ever, but I think I did well for my first new car purchase (a hell of a lot better than my first used purchase... never by a 30+ year old Z from the Northeast).

·
Registered
6 Posts
The price you paid isn't bad at all. Good luck with the car, and get ready to shell out for the new exhaust you'll want soon enough!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts